Sunday, August 19, 2007

In Color Ginormous Flowers

Since it was a cloudy, drizzly, overcast day at the beach, we ended coming back earlier than expected, so I had time to participate in today's featured stamper challenge. Today's featured stamper, mwohlers/Melissa, has a great gallery with lots of inspiration. You can see her gallery here and find the card that my card is based on here.

This card has a much different feel from Melissa's card. I think I was drawn to her card because it used Big Blooms from the spring mini catalog. I got Ginormous Flowers from the new SU! catalog because it was similar to Big Blooms, but I still think I like Big Blooms better . . .

I kept the basic layout of the card the same and kept the style of stamp used the same, too. I used some new dotted kraft paper that I found at the Michaels near our beach house. The colors of the dots were a pretty good match to many of the new In Colors, so I chose my colors for the card based on that. Melissa's original card used two different kinds of patterned paper, but I decided to stick with just one. Like the original card, I layered different flower images from the same stamp set on a scalloped circle as the focal image. The top flower is stamped in Regal Rose craft ink and heat embossed with Iridescent Ice embossing powder. It doesn't clash IRL like it does in the photo . . .

I decided to use a piece of stitched grosgrain along the top of the patterned paper instead of layered pieces of paper as Melissa did. In keeping with the stitched grosgrain, there's (very sloppy) stitching on the kraft paper, too. The sentiment is from a mini catalog set from last year--fits perfectly inside the word window punch!

Materials Used:
From Stampin' Up!: Ginormous Flowers and Small Sayings stamp sets; Purely Pomegranate, Blue Bayou, and Wild Wasabi Classic inks; Regal Rose Craft ink; Purely Pomegranate, Regal Rose, Kraft, and Very Vanilla cardstock; word window punch; 1 3/8" and 1 1/4" circle punches; mat pack and paper piercing tool; white gel pen; dimensionals; Iridescent Ice embossing powder; Blue Bayou stitched grosgrain
Other: giga scalloped circle and mega circle punches (Marvy Uchida); dotted kraft paper (from Michaels--no manufacturer info on paper); 7/8" circle punch (EK Success)

2 comments:

  1. Love this card Lori with all the extra little details on it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun card! Love the colors. :)

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips