Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Martha Stewart Halloween

This cool Martha Stewart Halloween paper just kept calling to me as I walked by it in Michaels this weekend. I guess I'm wishing for some cooler fall weather to arrive soon . . .

Anyway, this patterned paper was perfect for the three long panels on this card sketch. When I first looked at this sketch, I had a hard time figuring out what to do. When I thought about using patterned paper for the panels rather than a stamped image and adding a stamped image as an accent, the card came together very quickly.

The panels were layered on Creamy Caramel cardstock, then placed on a Pumpkin Pie cardfront that was stamped with the Sanded background stamp. I think the Sanded background has a kind of spooky look when paired with a Halloween image. I accented the panels with an image from Batty for You that I received through SCS's WISH-RAK forum. SU!'s scalloped circle punch makes a just-right sized frame for the set's little images. I added some wiggly eyes to embellish the bat a little and a photo corner with coppery brads to one of the corners to finish off the card.

Now I'm waiting for my dad to come help me rid my house of a dead mouse I discovered last night, hiding among my stacks of boxed up kindergarten teacher stuff. In the past I've gotten rid of two dead birds (thanks, super dog Cosmo!) on my own, but I found them dead or pretty close to dead outside of my house. For some reason, finding a little creature dead within the walls of my house is slightly more disturbing and disgusting . . .

Materials Used:
From Stampin' Up!: Batty for You and Sanded stamp sets; Pumpkin Pie and Basic Black Classic inks; Pumpkin Pie, Creamy Caramel, and Whisper White cardstock; mat pack and paper piercing tool; scalloped circle punch; 1 1/4" and 1 3/8"circle punches; photo corner punch; dimensionals
Other: patterned paper (Martha Stewart Halloween); black dotted organdy (Michaels); copper brads (Making Memories); wiggly eyes

5 comments:

  1. Very cute card!

    Cooler weather sounds wonderful to me too. Halloween night is when I notice the change around here so your card is fitting.

    I posted Halloween cards on my blog too. We must all be thinking about the same thing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really cute Halloween card. I have not been to Michaels recently..
    but I heard that she had some really nice halloween supplies.
    That paper is great.
    Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like this card. The layout is really neat, I'll have to try it out. Love the DP too (I have to drive 50-60 miles for our nearest Michaels store though so it's not likely I'll see any of the MS line for some time.) Thanks for sharing your fun Halloween card. Ida

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips