Wednesday, August 29, 2007

No Beach for Me

My class ended a little early tonight, so I got home in time to do some stamping. Since the end of beach season is fast approaching, I thought it would be fun to do a beach-themed card for today's sketch challenge. Unfortunately, I won't be able to get away to my family's beach house for the upcoming long holiday weekend (work calls. . .), so this beach card will have to do for a while.

I used the My Favorite Things Stamps set Hit the Beach. I colored the bathing beauty and her towel with Prismacolor pencils, then layered the image on Yoyo Yellow and Soft Sky mats. I distressed the edges of the Soft Sky cardstock for some texture. It kind of reminds me of my old, fraying beach towels . . .
The fun patterned paper is from Memory Box. Their Beach Collection is perfect to use with this stamp set! The flip side of this paper has the same flip flop pattern, but in shades of red, orange, and yellow. I used some May Arts dotted organdy ribbon from the ribbon share I recently participated in to add some color to the solid blue panel across the front of the card and finish it off.


Materials Used:
From Stampin' Up!: Tempting Turquoise and Soft Sky Classic inks; Yoyo Yellow, Certainly Celery, Soft Sky, and Whisper White cardstock; mat pack and paper piercing tool; 1", 1 1/4" and 1 3/8" circle punches; dimensionals; scallop edge scissors (retired); distressing tool
Other: Hit the Beach stamp set (My Favorite Things); textured turquoise paper (DCWV mat stack); flip flop patterned paper (Memory Box Beach Collection); Noir Black Palette Ink (Stewart Superior); Prismacolor pencils; yellow dotted organdy ribbon (May Arts); yellow brad (Joann); Turquoise Stickles (Ranger)

4 comments:

  1. Oh such a CUTE card!!! Love your flip flop DP!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute Beach Card..
    such cute paper..pretty colors.
    Love the flip-flops.
    and Love your stamp.

    Dee

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE the colors in this card... It's so cheerful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super cute card! Very summery colors!!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips