Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Second Stem Silhouettes

Since I'm getting ready to do a card using Stem Silhouettes for a Holiday Mini swap I'm participating in, you'll probably be seeing a lot of this set over the next few days. I'm trying to figure out how I like to use it before I have to come up with a swap-worthy design. Kind of like warming up, I guess . . .

Today, I used the SCS color combination challenge for inspiration. The colors (Sahara Sand, Blue Bayou, Chocolate Chip) are similar to those I used for the sympathy card I made yesterday. Since the colors were so similar, I decided to start with a different main image. I stamped the image in white craft ink, then covered it with white embossing powder and heat embossed. The white really pops off of the Sahara Sand cardstock! I also heat embossed the sentiment. Unfortunately, I didn't stamp it straight--not sure if that was stamper error or that the image isn't straight on the block.

This card uses two purchases that I was convinced to make after convention--the Sanded background and the double-stitched grosgrain. After using the Sanded background on the make and takes at the Pajama Party, I was sold, even though I still don't like that Boho West stuff. And the ribbon--I resisted last year and didn't get any of the In Color stitched grosgrain. But, the make and takes and the swaps I got changed my mind and one spool went on my last order. I think I'll need some more colors on my next order.

Materials Used:
From Stampin' Up!: Stem Silhouettes and Sanded stamp sets; Chocolate Chip and Blue Bayou Classic inks; White Craft ink; Chocolate Chip, Blue Bayou, and Sahara Sand cardstock; Winter White embossing powder; slit punch; sponge; white gel pen; mat pack and paper piercing tool; Blue Bayou stitched grosgrain; dimensionals
Other: copper square brads (Making Memories)

1 comment:

  1. Awesome! Love the way the white embossed image really pops! :)

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips