Monday, September 3, 2007

Friend-ship Surprise

I had a few already colored boat images remaining from a swap I did for the SCS dinner during the SU! convention in Denver, so I used one of the left-overs to create this fun surprise pop up card for today's SCS Technique Lovers Challenge. You can find a step by step tutorial for this type of card here. The first time I tried this kind of card, I got kind of confused with all of the cuts and scores, but I think I've got it down now.

On this card, I tried something I haven't tried with it before. I used a Cuttlebug embossed piece for the front of the card. It worked okay, but it was a little harder to cut and score than flat cardstock. I also didn't think enough ahead, so when I went to put the card together, I realized the back (where the sentiment would be) was Close to Cocoa cardstock, so I ended up putting a slightly smaller piece of Real Red cardstock inside the opening so I could stamp the sentiment and still see it. Nice save!

I've been working on swaps for the upcoming SU! Regional Seminar in Philadelphia. I'm planning to bring three different designs and some 3-D items, too. I'm trying to keep the designs simple enough that I won't be caught in a time crunch to finish but still nice enough to swap. I have most of the pieces cut and stamped for two of the designs. Now, I just need to spend some time assembling them . . .

Materials Used:
From Stampin' Up!: Boatloads of Love stamp set; Basic Brown, Brocade Blue, and Chocolate Chip Classic inks; Brocade Blue, Bashful Blue, Real Red, Close to Cocoa, and Very Vanilla cardstock; watercolor pencils; aquapainter; Crystal Effects; sponge; 1 1/4" circle punch; Sticky Strip; 1/4" circle punch; blue grosgrain; corner rounder
Other: D'Vine Swirl embossing folder (Cuttlebug)

3 comments:

  1. I like these pop up cards...gotta find some time to make one. You did great! It's really cute:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH you did one?! WTG! I looked at it and thought, I'd better pass...haha...had a headache and it looked difficult! Your card is so cute too!!!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips