Sunday, September 30, 2007

Froggy File Folder

Warning to Michele--If you want to be surprised, don't look further . . . .

My best friend's little boy is turning 4 in the next few weeks. His mom is not just my best friend but also my very best stamping friend, so I needed to create a special birthday card to mark this big occasion. It's always nice to create and give a card when you know the recipient (or in this case, the recipient's mom!) will really appreciate it. Since I don't have any pirate stamps or images (which is the theme of his birthday party), I went with another little boy favorite-- frogs--and used my Unfrogettable stamp set. I've neglected this fun set for way too long!

I made a file folder card using Beate's tutorial (see it here). The main image on the front of the file folder is from the Lily Pad Stampin' Around Wheel. I colored it with Prismacolor pencils and sponged in the sky with Bashful Blue ink, then added a colored and cut out frog on to one of the lily pads using dimensionals.

The cute patterned paper comes from a DCWV mat pack. It has a just a tiny bit of glitter in it, but I don't think it's so much that the card isn't boyish enough. I did decide to leave out the ribbons, though . . .

For the file folder insert, I used a scrap of the same piece of striped patterned paper. I stamped the jumping frog image and colored it, then cut it out and attached it to the insert with dimensionals. I also added the "hoppy birthday" sentiment from the same set.

The finishing touch was making a tab with the birthday boy's name on it. I used my Snap Stamps for this. I think the font turned out to be a reasonably close match for the font in Unfrogettable.

I really like the way this turned out. Now, I just need to write a little message to the birthday boy and pick out a birthday present and then I'm good to go.

Materials Used:
Unfrogettable stamp set, Lily Pad wheel and handle, Basic Brown and Bashful Blue Classic inks, Pumpkin Pie, Gable Green, Bashful Blue, and Very Vanilla cardstock, mat pack and paper piercer, white gel pen, dimensionals, small corner rounder, round tab punch, sponge (Stampin' Up!); Casual Alphabet Snap Stamps (Karen Foster); patterned paper (DCWV's Nana's Kids mat stack); Prismacolor pencils; orange Glaze pen (Sakura); wiggly eyes (Walmart)

8 comments:

  1. Lori, this is soooo cute! Love it.
    Thanks for trying out the file folder card.
    Hugs and smiles

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh your file folder card turned out soooooooooo cute! Love the frog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh this is just tooooooo adorable .... great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous love the frogs and the colours are brilliant

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my gosh, this is just too cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very adorable. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I couldn't resist looking! It is soooo cute! You are so creative!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Too cute! I love these little frogs...one of my favorite animal stamps!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips