Saturday, September 22, 2007

Happy Flower

I've gotten back in to using the Pick a Petal stamp set lately. Not sure why I've been drawn to it so much, but I'm having a lot of fun with it.

This card is for Beate's weekend sketch challenge. The image panel was already stamped, left over from something I was working on last week, so I found a few pieces of patterned paper that would go well with the colors in the flower (Ruby Red, Pumpkin Pie, and Summer Sun). It turns out that both papers are by Making Memories, but from different paper packs. The yellow one has an interesting texture/weight, almost like kraft paper, I think.

I stamped one of the sentiments from the So Many Sayings set and used the word window punch to punch it out. You probably can see that it's not as large as the typical word window punch piece. To get the small size, I punched the sentiment out once, then attached it to a larger piece of scrap paper using removable/ repositionable adhesive.

Once the stamped word window piece was adhered to the scrap cardstock, I put it back in the punch again, holding the punch upside down so I could see where the paper was placed. I lined up the sentiment in the punch so that the end of the sentiment was near the curved end of the punch and punched it again to get a really small word window shaped punch.

Here's what it looked like after I pressed the lever of the punch. I removed the scrap piece from the back of the piece with the sentiment on it and attached the small word window piece to the front of my card. Easy way to use a tool you (probably) already have to make a different look.

Materials Used:
From Stampin' Up!: Pick a Petal and So Many Sayings stamp sets; Ruby Red, Pumpkin Pie, and Summer Sun Classic inks; Ruby Red, Pumpkin Pie, Summer Sun, Barely Banana, and Shimmery White cardstock; 1 1/4" and 1" circle punches; dimensional; word window punch
Other: patterned paper (Making Memories Polo cardstock pad and In Bloom embellishment paper pack); rhinestone brad (Target Dollar Spot); yellow grosgrain (AC Moore dollar bin)

7 comments:

  1. Love the colors! What a great idea for using the word window punch for smaller sayings. I think you may just be a stampin' genius!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lori, I am with Michele. LOVE your happy and bright colors! I really like your card! Thanks so much for playing with the sketch!
    Hugs and smiles

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a GREAT card! Love the colors! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. OH, do I ever love these bright and cheerful colors! Beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful card such cheery colours

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is absolutely one of the nicest cards that I have seen with this set!!!!!

    Vicki

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Lori!

    I haven't been all that excited about the Pick a Petal set.
    Your card changed that :)
    What a great color combo...it makes me happy!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips