Saturday, September 8, 2007

Priceless--Again

This is another card using the Priceless set. Like I said earlier this week, now that I've finally started using it, I haven't been able to put it away. I'm also kinda stuck on this color combination, too.

For this card, I used Beate's weekend sketch challenge. The large swirls from Priceless are stamped on white craft ink on a Chocolate Chip panel and layered on a Rose Red panel. The butterfly and small swirl are stamped on a Shimmery White circle. That shimmery white is just so pretty IRL--photos don't do it justice. The small swirl is embossed with Iridescent Ice embossing powder. To do that, I inked the stamp in Versamark, then in Soft Sky Classic ink, then stamped. That made the Soft Sky ink "sticky" enough for the embossing powder.

I made the butterfly three dimensional by stamping it on vellum, then carefully cutting it out after the ink dried. I put just a tiny bit of glue at the center and attached it right over the butterfly image stamped on the shimmery white cardstock. After letting the glue set for a bit, I gently bent the wings up so the butterfly appears to be in flight.

I stamped the sentiment directly on the kraft cardfront using Close to Cocoa craft ink. I really like the way that craft ink looks on the kraft paper.

My plan for the rest of the day is to work on finishing some of my swaps for next weekend's SU! Philadelphia regional seminar. I'm also hoping to spend a little time participating in some of SCS's Virtual Stamp Night challenges.

Materials Used:
From Stampin' Up!: Priceless stamp set; Soft Sky, Blue Bayou, and Rose Red Classic inks; Close to Cocoa and White Craft inks; Versamark; Blue Bayou, Soft Sky, Rose Red, Chocolate Chip, Kraft, and Shimmery White cardstock; vellum; Iridescent Ice embossing powder; Dazzling Diamonds; silver brads; photo corner punch; Blue Bayou stitched ribbon; silver cord (retired); mat pack and paper piercing tool; white gel pen; sponge
Other: giga scalloped circle and mega circle punch (Marvy Uchida)

5 comments:

  1. Lori, that turned out beautiful! Thanks so much for playing with the sketch!
    Hugs and smiles

    ReplyDelete
  2. oooh, that is so pretty! I love how the colours work together on this

    ReplyDelete
  3. But it's such a great set, why put it down? Adorable card! TFS! Cute blog! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super cute! Love what you did with the butterfly!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips