Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Priceless Sketch

I really like the sketch from today's SCS sketch challenge. I think you'll be seeing me use it a lot!

I made this card using Priceless and a slight variation on one of my recent favorite color combinations. The butterfly and swirl are stamped on shimmery white cardstock. I added some darker blue sparkle images and some lightly sponged ink around the panel's edge so the panel wasn't so bright white. I stamped a second butterfly and cut it out, then glued it over the one on the panel to add some dimension to the card. I also put some Dazzling Diamonds on the butterfly and at the centers of the sparkles.

The front of the card is mostly covered by a piece of Rose Red Prints Series Designer Paper. The tone on tone patterns on these papers make them easy to incorporate into a design. The patterns are not too dark, so they don't overpower or take away from stamped images.

Materials Used (all from Stampin' Up!)
Priceless stamp set; Soft Sky, Rose Red, and Blue Bayou Classic inks; Chocolate Chip, Soft Sky, Rose Red, and Shimmery White cardstock; Rose Red Prints Series Designer Series Paper; sponge; Dazzling Diamonds; dimensionals; chocolate grosgrain (retired); scalloped scissors (retired)

3 comments:

  1. Such a cute card! I didn't even get to check the challenge to day! eeek! Love your card!

    ~Tex

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful job on the sketch! Love it!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips