Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Challenge Times Two

Quick post tonight--it's getting late here and I had a long day with work and stuff for graduate school (isn't the semester over yet???). I made this quick card for today's SCS sketch challenge and yesterday's color challenge. I really like these three colors together. SU!'s new Basic Gray is such a rich color.

I haven't used my Priceless set in a little while, so I pulled it out for this sketch. I stamped the butterfly in Purely Pomegranate on the white cardstock, then stamped it again on vellum. I cut the vellum one out and layered it over the one on the white cardstock. The swirl image came out really cool. I inked the stamp with Versamark, then with Basic Gray. I stamped off once to lighten the gray, then stamped on the cardstock and quickly sprinkled some Iridescent Ice embossing powder over it.

The Purely Pomegranate panel on the front of the card is stamped with the Polka Dot background. I did some faux stitching around the edges of the panel--haven't done that in a while . . .

I layered all the pieces on the card, then decided that the gray cardfront looked too stark and plain. So, I used the Linen background on the cardfront, stamping off once before inking the cardfront for a softer look, and added three brads to the empty-looking space on the bottom right of the card.

Materials Used:
Priceless, Linen and Polka Dot background stamp sets, Going Gray, Purely Pomegranate, and Soft Sky Classic inks, Going Gray, Purely Pomegranate, Soft Sky, and Whisper White cardstock, vellum, Versamark, Iridescent Ice embossing powder, Dazzling Diamonds, Soft Sky double stitched grosgrain, mat pack and paper piercing tool, white gel pen, dimensionals, distressing tool (Stampin' Up!); Quickie Glue Pen (Sakura); brads (Joann)

2 comments:

  1. Such a pretty card. I really love the layout and the colors that you used. Wonderful job!

    Maria

    ReplyDelete
  2. Darling. This is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips