Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Beginning with Baroque Motifs

I'm probably the very last SU! demo to get the Baroque Motifs set. It didn't catch my eye in the preview brochure and even after getting tons of convention swaps using the set, I just didn't think I could make it work for me. But, it's grown on me and I caved and added it to my last SU! order, which arrived this afternoon.

Here's my first try with it. I used today's sketch challenge on SCS for this card. The big swirl image just fit (and barely!) on the big panel in the sketch. I stamped the swirl in craft ink on Soft Sky cardstock. I've been slowly adding to my collection of craft inks, picking and choosing ones I think I'll use based on upcoming seasons and events. I like having the option to use the different kinds of ink.

I randomly added some flowers, again with craft ink, and put some small rhinestones in the centers of the flowers. There was just enough room in the bottom right corner of the panel for a sentiment.

I used tiny, narrow scraps of Soft Sky Prints series designer paper for the sides of the panel. The subtle swirl pattern in the paper goes well with the bold swirl image on the big panel. I tied a piece of kraft taffeta ribbon across the top to match the kraft card base. I think it came out okay for a first try, especially for a set that isn't my usual style.

Materials Used:
Baroque Motifs stamp set, Close to Cocoa and Real Red Craft inks, Chocolate Chip, Soft Sky, Real Red, and Kraft cardstock, Soft Sky Prints Series designer paper, ticket corner punch, kraft taffeta ribbon (Stampin' Up!); rhinestones (Walmart)

6 comments:

  1. This is lovely - you've totally made the set yours now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card is lovely Lori! I bought that set and I bet I've used it no more than 5 times...it really didn't catch my eye but thought others would like it in workshops.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card!! You're making me want this set now!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hiya Lori! Looks like this set was made for you! The added bling makes the card! Very pretty! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks great. I almost purchased that set as well but didn't, maybe now I will rethink
    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi there,
    Just a hello from the latest member of SBS2. Love your work,look forward to regular visits to your site!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips