Saturday, November 3, 2007

Pulling for You

I made this card for Beate's weekend sketch challenge on Friday morning before heading off to the beach. I changed the sketch a little to fit on a traditional sized card instead of a square one, but I think it still works.

I stamped the boat images from Boatloads of Love on white cardstock and colored them with markers. Prismacolor markers were on sale this week at AC Moore (2 for $5), so I picked up a few colors to try out. I added some flowers from Loads of Love in the little boat. The flower centers have a very tiny dot of Stickles glitter. The sky was done by sponging some Bashful Blue ink over the white cardstock. I stamped and cut out 3 little clouds and put them in the sky with dimensionals.

The background panels were quick to make. I used the Cuttlebug D'Vine Swirls folder for the Ballet Blue piece, then added a vellum overlay that was stamped with white dots. The left edge of the card looked kind of plain, so I added some brads.

I stamped the sentiment on a strip of paper and punched it out with the word window punch. The sentiment stamp is not written out in a long row, so to get it like I wanted it to fit my card design, I colored each segment of the sentiment and carefully lined it up to stamp in a row.

Materials Used:
Boatloads of Love, Loads of Love, and Polka Dot background stamp sets, Bashful Blue, Real Red, and Basic Black Classic inks, Bashful Blue, Ballet Blue, Real Red, and Whisper White cardstock, white vellum, Real Red marker, sponge, dimensionals, Crystal Effects, word window punch (Stampin' Up!); alcohol ink markers (Prismacolor); red brads (Joann); Candy Cane Stickles (Ranger); D'Vine Swirls embossing folder (Cuttlebug)

8 comments:

  1. Love it, Lori! Love the dry embossing, the colors...everything.
    Hgus and smiles

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card. I love the way you used vellum on this card. This set is definitely on my wishlist.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You sure have been busy here! This is a great card! I really like the clouds on there...too cute! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful card, I love the colours you have used and those stamps are fab

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your card turned out great!!! I did the sketch too but I'm not too happy with what I came up with.:( You really rocked it!!! {SMILES}

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, I love this. One of my fave color combos and the floating clouds are terrific. This rocks.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute card Lori..
    Love the colors..I have seen so many great uses of this stamp set..amazing! Love the embossing!
    Thanks for sharing.

    Dee

    ReplyDelete
  8. Super cute card! Love the Cuttlebug and Vellum background pieces! WOW!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips