Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Pale Plum Memories

Wow, this is a color I don't use often! That was my first thought when I ended up with a Pale Plum cardbase on the card I did for today's SCS sketch challenge. The sketch was a little different, featuring one circular panel with the edge cut off. I used my lid collection again for cutting a circle and a mat for the image panel. You can find more info about this little trick here.

I used a combination of soft pinks and mauve on Shimmery White paper for the main stamped image (the Daisy set from Kitchen Sink Stamps). The chalk inks layer beautifully with these stamps. I used the largest daisy image here and filled in the white spaces with the smaller flower as well. The scalloped edge is made with the SU! corner rounder punch.

Since I didn't want to use a patterned paper that might take away from the stamped image, I used the Stylized Flowers embossing folder in my Cuttlebug for the pink panel on the cardfront. This was one of the last folders I got for my Cuttlebug--I just didn't think I'd use it, but I've ended up using it much more than I thought I would and liking it more than I thought I would, too. I rubbed the embossed images with some pearly white ink to make them stand out a bit more.

The sentiment is also from the Daisy stamp set. I think it would make a lovely sentiment for a sympathy card. I added a tiny heart brad to the sentiment panel to fill in the white space and attached the sentiment over the pink organdy ribbon using dimensionals.

I made some changes to the lighting in my stamp area today. I bought a new lamp that's a little brighter and moved the lamp that was already in the room. It's definitely brighter in here now. I just need to remember to not bring my dad in here when he stops by--he'll have a fit about all of my extension cords and power strips . . .

Materials Used:
Daisy set (Kitchen Sink Stamps); Pixie Dust, Pink Petunia, Malted Mauve, Aloe Vera, Tea Leaves, and Jumbo Java chalk inks (Versa Magic Dew Drop ink pads); Pale Plum, Pretty in Pink, and Shimmery White cardstock, corner rounder, dimensionals (Stampin' Up!); heart brad (Making Memories); pink organdy ribbon (?); Moonlight White ink (Brilliance); Stylized Flower embossing folder (Cuttlebug)

2 comments:

  1. Lori this came out beautiful! I love the colors you used - it all looks great! :)

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips