Saturday, February 9, 2008

Doodle Factory Valentine

I've gotten a bunch of new stamping and crafting stuff this week and I am trying to work my way through trying it all out. This card includes just a little bit of the newest additions to my collection. I made this card for Beate's weekend sketch challenge. It also works for Allison's "Suggestive Sunday" challenge, which was to make a card that would be appropriate to give to a child. It's a bright, child-friendly valentine that features images from the Doodle Factory line from Starving Artistamps. The Doodle Factory images are so much fun! I think they'll help me solve one of my big challenges--what to do for cards for little boys.

I stamped the bee image from the Doodle Factory Valentine set twice--once on the white panel and once on a scrap. I colored the bee on the scrap piece with Copic markers and trimmed around it. I embellished the bee with vellum wings and a little glitter too. I added details to the white panel (stamped grass from the Doodledads elements set and a sponged sky), then added the bee to the panel with a dimensional.

The long panel on the front is also created with Doodle Factory images. I stamped the sentiment from the Valentine set along with one of the elements from the Doodledads set in a pattern to create a quick coordinating panel for the cardfront.

Be sure to check out this post for information on how you can save 10% on your next order from Starving Artistamps, including these fun Doodle Factory images.

Materials Used:
Doodle Factory Valentine set and Doodledads set (Starving Artistamps); Noir Black ink (Palette); Gable Green, Real Red, Soft Sky, and Basic Black Classic inks, Real Red, Yoyo Yellow, and Basic Black cardstock, white vellum, Dazzling Diamonds, dimensionals (Stampin' Up!); rectangle and scalloped rectangle dies (Nestabilities); black Glaze pen (Sakura); markers (Copic Ciao); black brads (Making Memories)

5 comments:

  1. This is super cute...thanks for playing! I love the stamps and that BG is great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute card!
    Thanks so much for playing1
    Hugs and smiles

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super cute,love the touch of yellow,it adds so much to the card!
    You did a beautiful job as usual!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is really cute! What a FUN Valentine!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips