Saturday, March 22, 2008

Berry and Blush Greeting

Here's a quick card using Beate's weekend sketch challenge. Once I selected the patterned paper to use on the cardfront, this card came together really fast and easily.

Most of the products on this card are from Papertrey Ink. I got some new inks and papers (and stamps, too--of course!) in the mail earlier this week, but today was the first chance I had to use them. The card base was created with the new Berry Sorbet cardstock. I found paper from the DCWV Nana's Nursery-Baby Girl pack that was a good match to the Berry Sorbet and used it to create a mat for the cardfront.

I stamped the flowers and flower centers with two of Papertrey's new ink colors, Sweet Blush (the light pink) and Berry Sorbet. The image panel is matted on a piece of Sweet Blush paper and attached to the patterned paper. I added some tiny rhinestones to the centers of the flowers. The paper has a subtle glitter stripe in it, so the rhinestones pick up this sparkle. I also used sparkly ribbon around the image panel here for the same reason, instead of using the matching ribbon from Papertrey.

One of the tiny sentiments from Mixed Messages is stamped inside the large single flower image from Women of Life. A bunch of the sentiments in the set are a perfect fit for this flower. I punched out the flower and layered it on another circle and on a scalloped circle before attaching it to the card. I added a clear page pebble over the sentiment for some dimension and interest. Unfortunately, that part of the card didn't photograph well . . .

I'm off to watch the Badgers play in the NCAA tournament--I dug out my sad-looking lucky University of Wisconsin sweatshirt to mark the occasion. So far, they're in the lead and playing well. Hope they make it to the next round!

Materials Used:
Women of Life and Mixed Messages stamp sets, Berry Sorbet and Sweet Blush inks, Berry Sorbet, Sweet Blush, and White cardstock (Papertrey Ink); patterned paper (DCWV's Nana's Nursery-Baby Girl); Certainly Celery Classic ink, 1 3/8" circle punch, scalloped circle punch, mat pack and paper piercing tool, dimensionals (Stampin' Up!); ribbon (American Crafts); rhinestones (Walmart)

4 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card! I love your flowers and the bling inside.
    Happy Easter
    Hugs and smiles

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card. I love the colors!

    Happy Easter.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love these new colors by Papertrey - and this card is just precious - love all the baubles in the flowers too - this card really sparkles! Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This card is just so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips