Monday, March 17, 2008

Isn't He the Cutest Thing?

The Doodle Factory creature guy, that is. His name is Rupert and I just love this image from Starving Artistamps. For some reason, I'm stuck on coloring him in shades of blue, like you see here on this card. I'm sure other colors would work, but in my mind, this guy's always blue.

Here, I colored the image with a few different Copic markers for shading purposes. I added a little Cotton Candy Stickles and a tiny, tiny flat-backed pearl to the flower. The image and the sentiment are matted with circles cut with Nestabilities dies and embellished with a pink Prima flower.

For the main background panel on the card, I used the technique from today's Technique Lovers Challenge on SCS. If I remember correctly (and with the cold I've got that is now in full force and clouding my mind, I wouldn't count on me remembering much of anything correctly right now . . .) I think I first saw this technique, or a similar one, as the Cuttlebug Smoosh from the Technique Junkies Newsletter. It's a quick way to add a little texture and color to a card. Here, I used a piece of Pretty in Pink cardstock as my base along with slightly darker Regal Rose ink and the Bloom Dots embossing folder. I can't wait to try it with some of the new Cuttlebug folders once I get my hands on some.

If you like Rupert, be sure to check out the "What's New" section on the Starving Artistamps website. There are two brand new Doodle Factory collections on the way (Urban and Country)and they are so fun. I think that Arno the skateboarding dog might be the next addition to my collection . . .

Materials Used:
Rupert image and sentiment (Starving Artistamps); Regal Rose and Tempting Turquoise Classic ink, Tempting Turquoise, Pretty in Pink, and Regal Rose cardstock, mat pack and paper piercing tool, glue dots, dimensional (Stampin' Up!); white cardstock (Georgia Pacific); Graphite Black ink (Brilliance); circle and scalloped circle dies (Nestabilities); flower (Prima); plastic dome floral embellishment, turquoise satin ribbon (Michaels); Cotton Candy Stickles (Ranger); Bloom Dots embossing folder (Cuttlebug); markers (Copic Ciao)

7 comments:

  1. That little guy is too funny. What a cute card! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. very cool technique. I love how the backround turned out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable Lori!!! Love his name...haha!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your card, bought a couple of these wonderful guys from Starving Artist, need to get them dirty.

    ReplyDelete
  5. LORI!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    I LOVE LOVE LOVE THIS!!!!

    awwwwww............

    :)

    Yes, he IS the cutest thing!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Definitely a cute image that's for sure. Love the CB background!! Great card Lori!

    Maria

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is too cute!!! Love it!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips