Saturday, March 15, 2008

Orange You Cute

As you can tell from some of my recent blog posts, I've been having a lot of fun with the Tart & Tangy stamp set in the SU! Occasions mini catalog. On my most recent order, I added the sentiment set to my collection just to match the fun fruit images. I used Beate's weekend sketch challenge and these two sets to pull together this quick card.

I stamped the orange image on a scrap of white cardstock. The image was inked in Only Orange ink, then I used a Pumpkin Pie marker to ink up the outside edge of the image for a little bit of varied color. The image fit inside a 1 1/4" circle punch with just a little border around it. I used a dimensional to attach it to a slightly larger Pumpkin Pie circle. When I first placed it on the white mat, it looked too plain, so I stamped the orange image, stamped off first, randomly on the mat for some interest.

The patterned paper piece from the Summer Picnic pack (a perfect match for Tart & Tangy!) is sewn to a piece of So Saffron cardstock. I think this would have looked better if I had cut the paper a little bit smaller, but once I stitched the pieces together, it was too late to make that change--oh, well! To fill in the big, open space on the paper, I threaded a piece of Hodgepodge Hardware on a piece of ribbon and wrapped it around the card. The "orange you cute" sentiment is attached behind the hardware with a tiny, tiny bit of glue. It's a close fit, but it works.

Materials Used (all from Stampin' Up!, except sewing machine):
Tart & Tangy and One Smart Cookie stamp sets, Pumpkin Pie and Only Orange Classic inks, Pumpkin Pie marker, Ruby Red, Pumpkin Pie, So Saffron, and Whisper White cardstock, Summer Picnic designer paper, Pumpkin Pie grosgrain ribbon, 1 1/4" and 1 3/8" circle punches, Styled Silver Hodgepodge Hardware, dimensionals

6 comments:

  1. Orange you amazing! (I know...lame. LOL) Great card, Lori!
    Hugs and grins

    ReplyDelete
  2. MMMM! This card is yummy! I'm so glad I ordered this set, it is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. cute card and so orange-tastic!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are such cute images! Love what you did with the sketch! I'm so behind on everything. Ugh!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cute! love all the orange!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is cute and the colors are fab!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips