Saturday, March 8, 2008

Simple Strawberry

Today's Baltimore shoebox swap was a great time, just as I expected it would be. Cindy's swaps are always attended by the nicest, most talented bunch of stampers. I made a bunch of beautiful cards and added a few things to my wish list. On the drive home, it was really windy and rained on and off--not the most pleasant weather for a long drive. I did see the most incredible rainbow along the way. I promise, I managed to keep my eyes on the road!

I made this quick card tonight for Beate's weekend sketch challenge. Quick, because the strawberry image was already stamped, left over from something I had been working on earlier in the week. I embellished it by adding some glitter to the "seeds." It's layered on circle punches to match the rest of the card.

I added the strawberry image to a Wild Wasabi panel with the same sentiment I used earlier in the week. Since I don't have a Wild Wasabi ink pad, it's stamped in Garden Green. This actually works pretty well--since it's just a bit darker than the Wild Wasabi, the sentiment stands out a bit.

I used Rose Red and Wild Wasabi Prints Series paper on the cardfront. I realized I have tons of the flower patterned paper you see here left in my stash of Prints Series papers. I'm not wild about the pattern and I've found it hard to use, so I just haven't used it. It seemed to work okay here.

I'm off to spend some time with Cosmo the crazy dog. I've learned that when the power goes out, it kind of traumatizes him. I guess the absence of the usual house sounds, like the hum of appliances or whatnot, frightens him. While I was gone today, the power was on and off intermittently due to the wind and rain and Cosmo is still kind of jumpy and in my face. Hopefully a little time with him will settle him down so we can both sleep tonight, especially since we lose an hour when the clocks are turned forward . . .

Materials Used:
Tart & Tangy stamp set, Garden Green Classic ink, Rose Red and Garden Green markers, Rose Red, Wild Wasabi, and Whisper White cardstock, Rose Red and Wild Wasabi Prints Series designer paper, 1 1/4" and 1 3/8" circle punches, scalloped circle punch, mat pack and paper piercing tool, white gel pen, corner rounder, Dazzling Diamonds, dimensionals (Stampin' Up!); sentiment stamp (Amuse); white grosgrain ribbon (Michaels dollar bin)

3 comments:

  1. That is sooo cute! Love it.
    Hugs and smiles

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute Lori! I'm using those images a lot lately. Great choice for the sketch!
    Glad to hear your Shoebox Swap was fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Berry berry sweet. Love the simplicity of it and your combination of d.p.s :0) Mel

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips