Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Spring Butterfly

For today's SCS sketch challenge, I turned to one of my most reliable, favorite stamp sets--Priceless. The sketch required a long, skinny image panel and I thought the swirl and butterfly would fit the panel perfectly. With the assistance of my Stamp-a-ma-jig, they did!

The swirl image is heat embossed with Iridescent Ice embossing powder for a subtle shimmer. I inked the stamp first in Versamark, then in Soft Sky ink to get the powder to adhere. I stamped the butterfly image directly on the panel in Regal Rose ink, then again on vellum, this time in Regal Rose Craft ink and dumped on a little Iridescent Ice embossing powder. The heat embossing stiffens the vellum a little, making it easier to cut out, even around the teeny tiny antenna. I stuck the vellum butterfly right over the stamped image, using just a little glue from a Quickie Glue pen. The butterfly looks like it's flying right off of the card. This is one of my favorite things to do when using this stamp set.

I chose a spring-feeling color combination for the card. It's finally gotten warm and spring-like here (and just in time for me to go to freezing cold, still snow covered Wisconsin for a short "spring break" trip . . . ), so I thought that would be appropriate. I combined two different colors and patterns of SU! Prints Series designer papers. These papers are so easy to use together. To finish the card off, I added a matching narrow satin ribbon and some pearly white Dew Drops.

Materials Used:
Priceless stamp set, Soft Sky and Regal Rose Classic inks, Regal Rose Craft ink, Versamark, Soft Sky, Regal Rose, Pretty in Pink, and Whisper White cardstock, Soft Sky and Pretty in Pink Prints Series designer paper, vellum, Iridescent Ice embossing powder, Stamp-a-ma-jig, dimensionals (Stampin' Up!); Quickie Glue pen (Sakura); Dew Drops (Kitchen Sink Stamps); pink satin ribbon (?)

9 comments:

  1. This is so soft and pretty, Lori! I love the vellum overlay on the butterfly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty Lori! That butterfly looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. one of the prettiest cards i've seen in a while!
    this is just gorgeous!
    becky
    SCS belledancr

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely GOJUS!!! The vellum butterfly is awesome! I also love the color combination. TYFS!

    ReplyDelete
  5. love the crisp springy colors and the pretty *flutterby!* nice!

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG!!! This is stunning!!! And yes that set is so nice!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. very pretty. Definantly reflects spring!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips