Wednesday, April 23, 2008

For a Friend Thank You

I made a card for today's SCS sketch challenge using a kind of neglected hostess set from the SU! Spring-Summer collection. The For a Friend set is a collection of versatile greetings and the "thank you" one was a perfect fit for the image panel at the forefront of this sketch.

The card features one of my favorite color combinations--brown, blue (again, those two!) with just a small pop of red. I stamped the thank you image in black ink and used paper piecing to fill in the flower. There's a tiny, tiny blue Twinkle sticker at the flower's center for a little sparkle and shine. I added a pair of silver brads to the upper right corner of the image to fill in the panel.

For the cardfront, I ran a scrap of kraft cardstock through my Cuttlebug to emboss it with the Bloom Dots folder. The flower images on this folder make a nice match for the small flower in the stamped image. I used some white ink to highlight the embossed images a bit. I tied a piece of Chocolate Chip poly twill ribbon (from the current SU! mini catalog) around the panel. This stuff is so nice! I'll probably be stocking up on it (and the Soft Sky Prints Series paper, too) before it isn't available any more.

Materials Used:
For a Friend stamp set, Rose Red, Soft Sky, Chocolate Chip, Kraft, and Whisper White cardstock, Soft Sky Prints Series designer paper, Certainly Celery marker, Chocolate Chip poly twill ribbon, silver brads, dimensionals (Stampin' Up!); Moonlight White ink (Brilliance); Noir Black ink (Palette); Bloom Dots embossing folder (Cuttlebug); Twinkle sticker (Amuse)

7 comments:

  1. Fabulous Lori! I love the clean lines! I'm just getting this hostess set in my next order ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That embossed background is great, your card is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this card... very crisp and the colors are yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Incredible card for the sketch challenge Lori! I like how you added the brads to the card too! I got to play along today with the challenge, it was really a fun sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so cute!! Great colors and I love the embossing!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey I may just have to keep this set now. It looks gorgeous. Love that colour combo. The cuttlebugged neutral is HOT! :0) mel

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think this is one of my favorite cards...I'm thinking how I can remember to case it soon... Really beautiful and clean and simple. Thanks so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips