Saturday, April 12, 2008

Pretty Pink Butterfly

My presentation for my class this morning went fine and the class is now over. I am thrilled to be this far in my program with the end finally in sight! I've already moved on to my next challenge, Cosmo the crazy dog--again. While I was out for a while this afternoon, he decided it would be a good idea to eat--yes, eat--a portion of the slipcover on my couch. So far, he seems okay, but I have a feeling that another trip to the vet will be in our plans for early next week. So much for my plans for spending my tax refund . . .

So, let's move on to happier things to take my mind off the upcoming vet bill. Here's yet another monochromatic card--for some reason, that's been a recurring theme in my cards the last week or so . . . I used Beate's weekend sketch challenge for the layout here and dug out a long-neglected Papertrey Ink stamp set for the images.

I stamped one of the two step butterfly images from Butterfly Kisses on a scrap of white vellum. The "inside" image is stamped in craft ink and embossed with Iridescent Ice embossing powder for some sparkle. I attached the butterfly image to a scrap of shimmery white cardstock stamped with the sentiment. The sentiment panel is layered on pieces cut with Nestabilities dies.

For the panel on the left side of the card, I used one of my Cuttlebug embossing folders and some white core textured cardstock. After embossing the panel, I distressed it with a sanding block to show the white core.

The ribbon across the front of my card was pulled out of my ribbon scrap jar. I'm really making an effort to use those scraps before cutting a new piece of ribbon for a card.

Materials Used:
Butterfly Kisses stamp set and Sweet Blush cardstock (Papertrey Ink); Regal Rose Classic ink, Regal Rose Craft ink, Regal Rose, Pretty in Pink, and Shimmery White cardstock, white vellum, Iridescent Ice embossing powder, white grosgrain ribbon (Stampin' Up!); pink textured cardstock (DCVW pack); embossing folder (Cuttlebug); rectangle and scalloped rectangle dies (Nestabilities); sanding block

8 comments:

  1. Lori, this is beautiful! The butterfly is so pretty embossed with the II EP!
    LeAnne

    ReplyDelete
  2. So very soft and beautiful!!
    Lovely Card!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Clicking on your card to see an enlarged view of it really shows how amazing that butterfly is! I love the sanded Cuttlebug embossing too! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card...the butterfly looks so soft!

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow! Lori, it's gorgeous! Thanks so much for playing!
    Have a great week.
    Hugs and smiles

    ReplyDelete
  6. This card is so pretty. Love how you sanded the cb'd background to show the core.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super cute! Love the butterfly accent! Good luck with Cosmo...we have a dog who like to eat stuff too. It usually ends up on the rug somewhere though. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This card is exquisite! I *love* the pretty butterfly and the monochromatic theme...fun!!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips