Friday, April 18, 2008

Punny Pair

I'm attending a shoebox swap tomorrow and I've already finished planning and cutting out the paper for both of the cards I've designed. Usually I'm still pulling everything together the night before one of these events and end up staying up way too late getting ready. Since I was done already, I had a little time for stamping tonight (and baking a cake to share with my fellow stampers!).

Once I pulled out my Pun Fun stamp set the other night, I started thinking about other things I could do with the cute images. I ended up using two of them on two different blogger sketch challenges.

This one was made using Lauren's Saturday sketch. I kept the card simple, using no patterned papers. The image is stamped in black ink, then colored with Copic markers. I trimmed around it and attached it to the white panel with a dimensional. I also added some clear Glaze pen to the coffee part to make it look "liquid."

I colored the sentiment with a brown marker and stamped that directly on the cardfront. I found some small coordinating pink heart brads and added those just above the sentiment. I even managed to space them pretty evenly!

The top of the card looked a little empty to me, so I added a piece of wide satin ribbon to finish it off. This was such a fun layout and perfect for an image this size. You could make a whole bunch of these pretty quickly--and I may do just that sometime soon.

Materials Used:
Pun Fun stamp set, Chocolate Chip cardstock, wide satin Chocolate Chip ribbon, dimensional (Stampin' Up!); Sweet Blush cardstock (Papertrey Ink); rectangle and scalloped rectangle dies (Nestabilities); clear Glaze pen (Sakura); heart brads (Making Memories); markers (Copic Ciao); white cardstock (Georgia Pacific); Graphite Black ink (Brilliance)

This fun card is for Jen's Sketch for You to Try. I made another child's birthday card. My new Papertrey stuff arrived today and I had to use some of it! The orange-y cardfront is one of Papertrey Ink's new colors, Summer Sunrise. I also used the matching grosgrain ribbon here. That wide grosgrain has definitely grown on me--when I first used it in the fall, I didn't like it at all and now I reach for it a lot.

I found some patterned paper in a package I had picked up at Walmart that had a pretty similar orange shade in it, so I went with that, along with some shades of blue for the long panels on the cardfront.

The hippo is colored with Copic markers. I added some Dazzling Diamonds to its balloon and attached it to a scalloped rectangle panel, then to the cardfront.

I'll share my shoebox swap cards with you tomorrow . . .

Materials Used:
Pun Fun stamp set, Brocade Blue and Bashful Blue cardstock, Bashful Blue Prints Series designer paper, Dazzling Diamonds, dimensionals (Stampin' Up!); Summer Sunrise cardstock, Summer Sunrise grosgrain ribbon (Papertrey Ink); dotted patterned paper (Vibrant collection by atd); rectangle and scalloped rectangle dies (Nestabilities); markers (Copic Ciao); white cardstock (Georgia Pacific); Graphite Black ink (Brilliance)

4 comments:

  1. these are darling!! just placed an order and this set SHOULD have been on it!! hugs-jd

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh these are so cute! Love the heart brads.
    The baby one is great. Love the colors your chose for it-so boy and cheerful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How delightful are these! That hippo is just too darn cute! Fantastic coloring! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay! Now you've gone and done it! You've pushed me over the edge on this set! I've been teetering on whether or not I needed it, but after seeing these, it is now a must! Thanks for enabling me, Lori! Hee hee!
    I love both of these cards! They're fantastic!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips