Monday, April 28, 2008

Some Saturday Sketches (on Monday)

I tried two of Lauren's Saturday sketches tonight. I'll make this a quick post since I'm really sleepy. I got Cosmo the crazy dog a new doggie bed yesterday and, as a result, neither of us slept well last night. Cosmo prefers smooshed, broken-in dog beds. Unfortunately, dog beds don't come that way, so he spent most of last night trying to get comfortable. He kept getting up, rearranging himself on the bed, and lying back down with a deep, heavy sigh. If the sighing wasn't bad enough by itself, the repeated lying down was even worse. When he lies down, the whole floor shakes (and my bed, too)! Hopefully he will be a little happier tonight. And if he doesn't destroy this one by chewing on it, it might be a while before he needs a replacement one again.

Here's a card for last week's sketch. I used the Baroque Motifs set that's been sitting on my table, waiting for me to use to finish assembling the leftover cards from the shoebox swap I attended last week. I went with a similar color scheme for the card. I decided to use a sentiment on the large image panel and make the card a wedding one. The sentiments from Full of Life are fantastic and work for so many different occasions--I'm definitely getting my money's worth from this set!
I added some flat back pearls to the sentiment panel and to the "flower" embellishment at the top corner of the card. They are so elegant and really say "wedding" to me. I also added some Liquid Pearls to the center of the stamped flower images on the pink panel.

Materials Used:
Baroque Motifs and Full of Life stamp sets, Going Gray, Pretty in Pink, and Purely Pomegranate Classic inks, Going Gray, Pretty in Pink, and Purely Pomegranate cardstock, scallop circle punch, mat pack and paper piercing tool, dimensionals (Stampin' Up!); flat back pearls, white satin ribbon (Target); Silver Pearl Liquid Pearls (Ranger)

This card uses the sketch Lauren posted this weekend. I planned it around the scrap of patterned paper at the base of the card. I used the coordinating Polka Dots & Paisley stamp set to stamp three different color flowers to match the colors in the paper. I punched them out and matted them on teal circles for a pop of color and added a small rhinestone at the flower base.
I couldn't fit either of the sentiments from the stamp set into my card design, so I ended up stamping the word "happy" from Everyday Flexible Phrases three times in ink colors to match the stamped flower images.

Materials Used:
Polka Dots & Paisley and Everyday Flexible Phrases stamp sets, So Saffron, Taken with Teal, Regal Rose, and Certainly Celery Classic inks, So Saffron, Taken with Teal, and Whisper White cardstock, Petals & Paisleys designer paper, 1 1/4" and 1 3/8" circle punches, mat pack and paper piercing tool (Stampin' Up!); celery satin ribbon (Michaels); rhinestones (Walmart)

3 comments:

  1. OMGosh these came out so great! Love your vision for the first one! Really a WOW! And of course you always use the best colors! Loving that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lori, these cards are gorgeous! The card using Lauren's sketch especially caught my eye! My Polka Dots & Paisley stamp set hasn't seen ink for a long time ... your card just may inspire me to use it again real soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute and I love the colors... so springy! :)

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips