Sunday, April 6, 2008

You're a Hoot

I got a bunch of these fun owl images and the matching sentiment in the mail recently through the SCS WISH-RAK forum. I couldn't resist trying them out on Beate's weekend sketch challenge. Birds are a big trend in stamping and paper crafting right now and the cute little owl image made a great focal point for the layout.

I used one of the circle Nestabilities dies to cut out the owl image and the mats for the image. I colored the owl with Copic markers and filled in around its eyes with a yellow Glaze pen for a shiny, glow in the dark look.

The cardfront is made from River Rock cardstock. I stamped it tone on tone with the Twill background stamp to give it a textured look--kinda like the bark of a tree. I used some coordinating paper scraps from the Fall Flowers paper package for the panels on the cardfront. The earthy color tones in this paper are a good match for the owl image.

I found the perfect size scrap of matching blue ribbon in my ribbon scrap jar. I love when that happens! My ribbon scrap jar is about to overflow, so that will need to happen more often . . .

Materials Used:
owl image and sentiment (Amuse); Twill background stamp, River Rock Classic ink, River Rock, Old Olive, Soft Sky, and Certainly Celery cardstock, Fall Flowers designer paper, mat pack and paper piercing tool, dimensionals (Stampin' Up!); circle and scalloped circle dies (Nestabilities); yellow Glaze pen (Sakura); markers (Copic Ciao); copper brad (Making Memories); Soft Sky grosgrain ribbon (Michaels dollar bin)

3 comments:

  1. Lori, that is so gorgeous! I am partial to owl images myself. I love the paper and the ribbon you used.
    Hugs and smiles

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a gorgeous card! Love these colors!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Lori, that owl image is so cute! You have been a stampin' queen this weekend! All fabulous creations!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips