Saturday, May 24, 2008

Breaking Out Bitty Baby Blessings

I'm off to the Copic marker class this morning. Hopefully I'll have some tips to share with you when I return. Before I leave, here's a quick card I made for Beate's weekend sketch challenge using one of Papertrey Ink's new stamp sets.

I love the fun line art images and the font used for the sentiments in PTI's new Bitty Baby Blessings set. I'm always on the lookout for new sets to use for baby and toddler cards. I stamped the elephant image on white cardstock and colored it with Copic markers to coordinate with the Lavendar Moon card base, then attached it to a scalloped circle mat made with my Nestabilities dies.

I used my sewing machine to stitch together a scrap of Lemon Tart cardstock and a piece of coordinating Bitty Baby Blessings patterned paper that features the same elephant image. I found some purple brads that were a pretty close match to the cardstock and added them to the bottom right corner of the panel.

I layered the stamped image over the stitched panel, then stamped the sentiment in matching Lavender Moon ink. These inks show up really well when you stamp them on the coordinating cardstock--that's one of the things I like about them.

I'm not liking the quality of the photos that I'm getting with my new photo box. I think I'll be going back to my old, makeshift posterboard pieces starting with my next cards . . .

Materials Used:
Bitty Baby Blessings set, Lavender Moon Palette ink, Lavender Moon, Lemon Tart, and Sweet Blush cardstock, Bitty Baby Blessings patterned paper (Papertrey Ink); Pretty in Pink grosgrain ribbon, dimensionals (Stampin' Up!); white cardstock (Georgia Pacific); Graphite Black ink (Brilliance); purple brads (Making Memories); circle and scalloped circle dies (Nestabilities); sewing machine

2 comments:

  1. This is so super cute!! I love that image and the color is fabulous!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is adorable, Lori! Have fun at your class.
    Thank you so much for playing! Hugs and smiles

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips