Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Clean and (Simply) Sweet

My new Here's the Scoop stamp set from My Favorite Things was still out on my table from last night's stamping, so I used it to make a card for today's SCS color challenge. I thought that the challenge colors (So Saffron, Regal Rose, and Real Red) would work nicely for the ice cream sundae image.

I stamped the sundae image twice, once on an oval panel and the other on a scrap of paper. I colored the image on the scrap of paper using Copic markers. For the cherry, I colored it with a red marker, then used the blender pen to remove a bit of the ink to make it look shiny.

I kept the rest of the design pretty simple. I stapled together scraps of Real Red cardstock and So Saffron Prints Series designer paper and layered the matted image over that. I tied a piece of shiny red satin ribbon around the cardfront, then stamped the sentiment over the knot using bold red ink. I wish I had spaced things so that I had just a little more room left for the sentiment. It's a little closer to the edge of the card than I would have liked, but at least it fit!

Materials Used:
Here's the Scoop stamp set (My Favorite Things Stamps); Tuxedo Black ink (Memento); markers (Copic Ciao); Real Red Classic ink, Regal Rose and Real Red cardstock, So Saffron Prints Series cardstock, dimensionals (Stampin' Up!); red satin ribbon (Michaels); oval and scalloped oval dies (Nestabilities); staples

4 comments:

  1. So cute!! Great image for this color challenge!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Saw your cute card over at SCS and thought I would check out your blog, you have great cards :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is totally cute - I love that yummy image! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh this is so yummy looking!!! Hope my set gets here soon ;) Fab job on this CC!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips