Saturday, June 7, 2008

If Friends Were Flowers . . .

I have time to share a quick card before I head off to meet several classmates to do some work for a presentation that's coming up way too soon. I made this bright and cheerful card using Beate's weekend sketch challenge.

This card came together really quickly. I used a pair of flower images from Papertrey Ink's Garden of Life stamp set, stamped randomly on a strip of white cardstock. I filled in the white space with a small dot image. Then, I used my Scor-Pal to create a diagonal grid pattern across the panel to add some texture and interest. The Scor-Pal makes creating the grid quick and easy--and accurate, too.

I added some yellow dome embellishments to the flower centers. Originally, I had planned to add Yellow Stickles and I did do that. The dome embellishments were a last-minute addition. They ended up on top of the Stickles, which adds a fun shimmer to them IRL. I'll have to remember that little trick . . .

The sentiment comes from an older Papertrey Ink set, Green Thumb. I stamped it to coordinate with the flower images. I added a ribbon piece and pair of plastic flowers to the sentiment panel to finish it off.

Materials Used:
Garden of Life and Green Thumb stamp sets, Summer Sunrise and Lemon Tart Palette inks, Summer Sunrise, Lemon Tart, and white cardstock, Summer Sunrise grosgrain ribbon (Papertrey Ink); Clears plastic flowers (Making Memories); dome floral embellishments (Michaels); Yellow Stickles (Ranger); Scor-Pal

5 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness Lori, this is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Lori! Your card looks wonderful! Thanks so much for playing!
    Hugs and smiles

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely card, Lori! I love the colors and the grid pattern. Really pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the yellow and the grid technique (and that sentiment has to be THE perfect flower sentiment!) :0)

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips