Tuesday, July 15, 2008

KSS at CPS!

Today is day 6 of no home phone or internet service. I’m borrowing a friend’s internet connection today so that I can check my email and share a quick post with you. I tell you—when it rains, it pours! Late last night, one of my toilets started to leak. Fortunately, I was able to turn the water off before there was any real damage. I took the day off from work today to wait for a service person to repair the leaking windows in my living room. When no one arrived at the scheduled time, I called to check and found that there was no record of my appointment. Needless to say, I was a little unhappy. They sensed that and were able to squeeze me in later today, but weren't able to make the needed repairs. I'll need to schedule yet another appointment for yet another day to get the problem fixed. Hopefully this is the end of my home repair issues for a while . . .

Anyway, now on to a bright and cheerful card featuring the Hibiscus stamp set from Kitchen Sink Stamps. Kitchen Sink Stamps is the sponsor this week at Card Positioning Systems, so I thought I’d give this week’s sketch a try. I don’t have a fancy wavy cutter tool, so I just drew a curved piece freehand for the main image panel. I think it turned out okay.

I stamped the medium and small hibiscus images randomly on the wavy panel. I used a combination of Papertrey Ink’s Sweet Blush and Berry Sorbet for the flowers. These are such summery colors! I added a few leaves randomly among the flowers, too. There’s a little sparkly Stickles at the flower centers.

It's hard to see here, but I used one of the sentiments from the Hibiscus set under the image panel. I love how you can bend clear stamps to make them go exactly how and where you want them!

Materials Used:
Hibiscus stamp set (Kitchen Sink Stamps); Sweet Blush and Berry Sorbet Palette inks, Sweet Blush and Berry Sorbet cardstock, Sweet Blush satin ribbon, Pink Patterns patterned paper (Papertrey Ink); Rose Red, Certainly Celery, and Old Olive Classic inks, Whisper White cardstock (Stampin’ Up!); Diamond Stickles (Ranger)

3 comments:

  1. Oh no Lori, I'm sorry you are having so many problems...you're right when it rains it pours unfortunately! Hope all gets fixed soon!

    Fantastic card and layout!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely BEAUTIFUL!!!
    LOVE IT!

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is a beautiful card! i am so sorry - it sounds like you are having an AWFUL WEEK!!!! Ack!!! I hope the weekend is better! :)

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips