Tuesday, August 12, 2008

A Bunch of Dots

I love the color combination featured in today's SCS color challenge-Elegant Eggplant, Old Olive, and Taken with Teal. Some time ago, the eggplant/olive combo was one of my favorites and often used, so I was glad to revisit it with a twist for the card I made today.

I used Stemming From as the main image on my card. The large flower was inked with Taken with Teal, then stamped off once before it was stamped on the white cardstock. I added the stem and leaves in Old Olive. The flower's dotted center was stamped on a scrap of cardstock in Elegant Eggplant ink, then punched out with a 1/2" circle punch. I attached it to the flower with a dimensional, then covered it with Crystal Effects for a fun look. I managed to jab a piece of scrap paper in to the not-yet-dry Crystal Effects, so I needed to do a quick repair job before taking a photo of the card. I definitely have some Crystal Effects issues!

I carried the dotted elements featured in the main image and the flower center through on the rest of the card. I used a scrap of dotted Petals & Paisleys patterned paper across the cardfront and embossed the Elegant Eggplant cardfront with the Cuttlebug Swiss Dots embossing folder.

The sentiment is from the Smart Cookie set. This one coordinates with the images from Tart & Tangy and I'm so glad it's in the new SU! catalog. I stamped "thanks a bunch" first in Elegant Eggplant ink, then again slightly offset in White craft ink for a kind of shadowed effect.

I made another card with this color combo tonight, too. I'll share that one later this week . . .

Materials Used:
Stemming From and Smart Cookie stamp sets, Elegant Eggplant, Taken with Teal and Old Olive Classic inks, White Craft ink, Elegant Eggplant, Taken with Teal, Old Olive, and Whisper White cardstock, Petals & Paisleys designer paper, Elegant Eggplant grosgrain ribbon, 1/2" circle punch, scallop edge punch, Crystal Effects, dimensionals (Stampin' Up!); Swiss Dots embossing folder (Cuttlebug)

1 comment:

  1. I love how you did the flower center. Very cute card.

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips