Monday, August 18, 2008

Cherry Cuteness

I have wanted to make one of these acetate treat boxes for a while now, but figured they'd be complicated and time consuming. When I saw that this was today's technique challenge on SCS, I thought I'd give it a try while I was waiting to get the call telling me to come pick up (or rescue) Cosmo the crazy dog at Petsmart after his bath.

I was thrilled to discover that the box didn't take long to do at all. I followed the directions from the tutorial posted in the SCS forum (here) pretty closely, with the exception of adding a strip of red cardstock to the lid for a little extra pop of color. I used my Scor-Pal to score the acetate and the patterned paper for the box top and base. The paper is from SU!'s Summer Picnic pack. I used the cherry image from Unity's Mix Up of Cuteness kit. The cherry image is a perfect match for the paper! I colored the image with Copic markers and added some Crystal Effects to the cherries to make them glossy and yummy-looking.

I also added a coordinating tag for the box. I stamped the cherry image again, but this time I didn't color it in. I stamped the "cutie pie" sentiment over the cherry image in red ink, then cut out the stamped images with a tag punch.

I found a scrap of red satin ribbon in my (almost overflowing) ribbon scrap jar and used that to attach the lid to the box. A little piece of silver cord is threaded through the tag to attach it. There's no candy treats to be found in my house, so the cute little box is empty. I'll have to fix that, won't I ???

Materials Used:
Mix Up of Cuteness stamp kit (Unity Stamp Co.); white cardstock (Papertrey Ink); Tuxedo Black ink (Memento); markers (Copic Ciao); Real Red Classic ink, Real Red cardstock, Summer Picnic designer paper, scalloped circle punch, large and regular tag punches, white gel pen, mat pack and paper piercing tool, Crystal Effects, Sticky Strip (Stampin' Up!), 1 1/2" circle punch (EK Success); acetate, red satin ribbon (?)

8 comments:

  1. This is sooo stinkin' cute! I love it and can't wait to try it out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is adorable Lori! I am going to have to give this project a whirl! Love your paper!
    Hugs~ Kim

    ReplyDelete
  3. cute little goodie box! love your cherry theme!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You selected my absolute favorit paper! I can easily take care of filling the box with treats....no problem :^} It is too cute.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the disign you chose for the box (and I love the box, too). The cherries are adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. oops, I really can spell "design"

    ReplyDelete
  7. I got to make my little boxes tonight. I will post them to my blog tomorrow. :) Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips