Monday, August 11, 2008

Giggle Grove Goes Stained Glass

I love working with acetate, which is a good thing since I have a lot of it. When I saw that today's Technique Lovers Challenge on SCS was to use acetate and Crystal Effects to create a stained glass style piece, I knew I'd be taking the challenge after I got home from work. Unfortunately for me, this technique is a little time consuming and involves some wait time and I am not good at "patient," so this was kind of hard for me. I do love the result, though.

I used Unity Stamp Company's Giggle Grove stamp kit to create my scene. The images are stamped in Timber Brown Staz-on on the acetate piece. I used several different reinkers to color some Crystal Effects, which I painted on to the back of the image. I went with mostly Bold Brights reinkers so that the colors would be vivid when mixed with the Crystal Effects.

I flipped the acetate over mid-painting to see how it looked and managed to drop the wet piece on my pants for a brief moment. I was lucky that the pants are black so the ink didn't stain or even show and, even better, the acetate piece didn't land hard enough to smudge or smoosh anything. Good save for me!

Materials Used:
Giggle Grove stamp kit (Unity Stamp Co.); Timber Black Staz-on; Tempting Turquoise Classic ink, Certainly Celery, Tempting Turquoise, Only Orange, and Yoyo Yellow reinkers, Certainly Celery cardstock (Stampin' Up!); teal satin ribbon (Michaels BasicsBasics); white cardstock (Xerox); acetate, craft knife, cutting mat, paint brush

5 comments:

  1. Love your card Lori! I am impatient also...I am glad to know those types of things happen to others too and not just me!
    Hugs~ Kim

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute!!! LOVE it!!! I want some Unity. I keep forgetting to order some! Now that I have the SU catty on hand, I forgot about the rest :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful card! I was glad to read you were able to save both card and pants.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OH! I'm going to have to pop over to SCS to check out this tutorial; it's great! Thanks for your cutie card!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips