Saturday, September 20, 2008

Cool?

I'm so glad it's the weekend! I'm looking forward to spending time relaxing and catching up on stuff at my house (and maybe a little shopping, too--I never seem to be able to resist that . . .). My soon-to-be-released Kitchen Sink Stamps arrived the other day, so I plan to work on a bunch of fun samples to share with you for the release.

Here's a card I did last night for Beate's weekend sketch challenge. I wasn't sure that I liked it at first, but now that I look at it again this morning, I think it's growing on me.

I switched the layout from a square card to a traditional sized card. I filled in the Close to Cocoa panel on the cardfront with patches of paper from a Me & My Big Ideas paper pad, plus a strip of pink flocked paper left over from something I was working on earlier this week.

The stamped image is from Unity Stamp Co.'s Love Is Toxic kit. I stamped the skull image in red craft ink on light pink paper. I always seem to reach for shades of pink when I stamp these trendy skull images--I guess it sort of softens them. I covered the image with Iridescent Ice embossing powder and heat embossed it. I trimmed around the image, then attached it to the patterned paper panel with dimensionals.

The sentiment comes from Unity's Mix Up of Cuteness kit. I stamped it in red craft ink, too, and carefully positioned the skull image to cover up where I had smudged the ink just a bit. The card still looked a bit empty or off-balance to me, so I added a photo corner punch with Dew Drop embellishments to the upper right hand corner. I may still go back and add the crown image to the skull later . . .

Materials Used:
Love Is Toxic and Mix Up of Cuteness kits (Unity Stamp Co.); Real Red Craft ink, Regal Rose, Close to Cocoa, Pink Pirouette, and Real Red cardstock, Real Red grosgrain ribbon, Iridescent Ice embossing powder, photo corner punch, scallop edge punch, dimensionals (Stampin' Up!); patterned paper (Me & My Big Ideas Alison paper pad); flocked paper (Target); Silver Bells Dew Drops (Kitchen Sink Stamps)

4 comments:

  1. Rockin' card, Lori! Perfect for those tween and early teen girls that think they're all that! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. This ROCKS! Love the skull theme & the pink. Wicked sweet! :O)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is sooo cool! LOVE the glitter and the pink paired with the skull.
    Lori, thanks for always finding the time to play with my sketches! I always look forward to your take on them.
    Hugs and smiles

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your card!! It's cool, cool, cool.

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips