Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Sketches by Tamara Recipe Challenge #13

When I first read the email from Tamara at Sketches {by Tamara} about joining her recipe challenge, I thought there was no way on earth I'd be interested. I mean, I don't cook at all, so why would I want to mix stamping and cooking? Then I read a little further and found that when Tamara said "recipe," she meant following a list of "ingredients" that needed to be included on a card (or layout). Now that I can do, so here I am on her recipe challenge design team for the next few months.

This week's recipe was to include at least 3 different patterned papers, circles, and chipboard on your card. I combined this recipe with some inspiration from the Verve Project Parade, which was a color challenge that included pinks and browns (follow the link to see the yummy inspiration piece). I really like what I came up with for this one.

I decided to start with Unity Stamp Co.'s Circle of Thanks kit for the main image. I stamped the circle of circles on a piece of pink cardstock with a darker pink craft ink, then cut out the circle with a Nestabilities die. I matted that on a slightly larger scalloped circle.

For patterned papers, I decided to use one of SU!'s coordinating paper packages to make matching the colors and patterns less of a challenge. I created panels on the cardfront using three different papers from the Berry Bliss paper pack, all with circles and in varying shades of brown. I wrapped a piece of dark brown ribbon around the cardfront and knotted it. I slipped a scrap of pink satin ribbon through the knot for a fun detail.

The final element I added was the small piece of chipboard. I covered a chipboard star with pink craft ink, then dipped it in Iridescent Ice embossing powder, then heat embossed it for a nice shimmer. I attached it to the large circle element with a dimensional.

You can stop by Tamara's blog to see the other design team members' takes on the recipe challenge. She has both card makers and scrapbookers on the team, so there will be lots of great stuff to look at.

Materials Used:
Circle of Thanks kit (Unity Stamp Co.); Regal Rose and Close to Cocoa Craft inks, Regal Rose, Pink Pirouette, Pretty in Pink, and Close to Cocoa cardstock, Berry Bliss designer paper, Close to Cocoa wide grosgrain ribbon, On Board chipboard star, Iridescent Ice embossing powder, mat pack and paper piercing tool, dimensionals (Stampin' Up!); circle and scalloped circle dies (Nestabilities); pink satin ribbon (Target)

5 comments:

  1. Love your card! It's just beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun layout Lori and I love the pink and brown combo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this Lori! Everything is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Too cute! I love the pink and brown combo and the 3 different pattern papers. Lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super sweet card. Thanks for playing our challenge!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips