Sunday, October 12, 2008

Playing with (Pink) Poison

I recently got two sets from Pink Poison stamps and I’m having fun trying them out. The cupcake images looked great, so I had to add them to my collection. And, I’m a big fan of bunnies (back from my childhood days), so I had to have the Lucky Bunnies set, too. It’s so cute!

I used Taylor's Cupcake Challenge sketch for this bright card using, of course, cupcakes. When I first saw this sketch, I was a little intimidated by all of the circles, but I'm really pleased with how this one turned out.

I stamped the small cupcake image on a piece of white cardstock and colored it with Copic markers. I embellished it with some Stickles, too.

I wanted to make a cheerful looking birthday card so I paired the colored cupcake image with bright, bold patterned papers from a My Mind's Eye paper pack. I mixed spots and stripes for a fun look. My Nestabilities circle dies made cutting out all of the circles quick and easy.

I added the sentiment in bold brown ink directly on the largest patterned circle, using the Stamp-a-ma-jig to position it to fit on the circle. I used two bright green brads (what other use would I find for brads so bright?!!) to draw attention to the sentiment.

Materials Used:
Cupcake stamp set (Pink Poison Stamps); white cardstock (Xerox); Tuxedo Black ink (Memento); markers (Copic Ciao); Yellow and Cotton Candy Stickles (Ranger); Lemon Tart Summer Sunrise, and Sweet Blush cardstock, Sweet Blush stitched grosgrain ribbon (Papertrey Ink); patterned paper (My Mind's Eye); circle and scalloped circle dies (Nestabilities); Chocolate Chip Classic ink, dimensionals (Stampin' Up!); green brads (Making Memories);

Here’s my first card using the Lucky Bunnies set. Here, I colored the rabbit image with Copic markers and embellished the flower with some Spica glitter pen and a self-adhesive rhinestone.

I paired the rabbit image with a piece of floral paper from Memory Box. I layered this panel on a Pink Pirouette cardfront. Where the panel meets the cardstock is covered with a strip of wide pink grosgrain ribbon. I placed the colored image in the center of the ribbon, overlapping the patterned panel. I added a pair of pink self-adhesive rhinestones to frame the image.

Materials Used:
Lucky Bunnies stamp set (Pink Poison Stamps); white cardstock (Xerox); Tuxedo Black ink (Memento); markers, glitter pen (Copic); Regal Rose Classic ink, Pink Pirouette, Barely Banana, and Certainly Celery cardstock, dimensionals (Stampin’ Up!); wide pink grosgrain ribbon (American Crafts); large and small self-adhesive rhinestones (Michaels); circle dies (Nestabilities)



For this one, I wanted a card that I could use for a child’s birthday card, and not too girlie in case I decided to give it to a little boy. That’s what drove my red and blue color scheme. Again, I colored the rabbit image with Copic markers. I stamped the balloon a second time on a scrap of cardstock, colored the image and trimmed around it, then attached it to the image panel with a dimensional.

I created a striped panel for the cardfront using scraps of solid and patterned papers. I layered the matted rabbit image over this panel using dimensionals. The upper right corner of the image looked a little too empty, so I added a bright blue photo corner, embellished with dimensionals, to finish the card.

Materials Used:
Lucky Bunnies stamp set (Pink Poison Stamps); white cardstock (Xerox); Tuxedo Black ink (Memento); markers (Copic Ciao); Soft Sky, Pacific Point, and Riding Hood Red cardstock, Real Red Prints Series designer paper, brads, photo corner punch, dimensionals (Stampin’ Up!)

4 comments:

  1. Oh how stinkin' cute Lori! Love those images!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How adorable! Love that cute little cupcake image! Thanks for playing the cupcake challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable. Love that bunny. SOOOOh cute! :O)

    ReplyDelete
  4. love the circles on the cupcake card.....fun layout! That bunny reminds me of Hello Kitty! Cute!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips