Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Wrapping Up Wednesday

I was so excited this morning to find one of my cards on Stamper’s Showcase, a section on the SU! website accessible only to SU! demos, featuring cards submitted to SU! by demos. This is the first time that anything I've submitted has made it online! If you can’t access Stamper’s Showcase and want to check out my card, you can see it here. It was my card for the swap that the Great Swaps Girls did at this summer’s SU! convention.

Now on to some new things . . . Since it’s getting late, I’ll keep this pretty brief tonight. Here’s my card for today’s SCS sketch challenge. I decided to break in one of my yet-to-be used Stella images from Stamping Bella. I love this character!

I stamped Stella and her presents in black ink, then colored the images with Copic markers and some Spica glitter pens. I added a tiny sentiment to the upper left corner of the image panel. The colored panel is matted with some coordinating cardstock pieces then layered on a piece of Regal Rose cardstock embossed with the Cuttlebug Spots & Dots embossing folder. I picked the folder to mirror the pattern on the pastel patterned paper I used to cover the cardfront. The finishing details were a piece of soft pink satin ribbon and some matching pink "dew drops" to continue the circle theme.

Materials Used:
Stella needs a prezzie image (Stamping Bella); sentiment (Papertrey Ink's Mixed Messages set); Tuxedo Black ink (Memento); white cardstock (Xerox); markers and glitter pens (Copic); Regal Rose Classic ink, Regal Rose, Perfect Plum, Pretty in Pink, and Gable Green cardstock, Crystal Effects, dimensionals (Stampin' Up!); pink dome embellishments, pink satin ribbon (Michaels); patterned paper (Sassafras Lass); Spots & Dots embossing folder (Cuttlebug)


And, one last thing before I head off to bed-- my first official card as member of the Page Plans card sketch design team! I used one of the sentiment images from Unity Stamp Co.’s September kit of the month for the focal image on the card. I really like this sentiment. It reminds me of an essay called “The Star Polisher” that I used to refer to a lot as a classroom teacher.

Anyway, since the words were star-themed, I went with starry and sparkly elements for the rest of the card. I used a piece of star patterned paper from a Prima paper pad for the bottom of the cardfront. I matched this with a simple striped pattern for the top of the card.

I used a piece of wide blue grosgrain ribbon to form a band bridging the two different patterned papers. In keeping with my sparkly theme, I attached two blue rhinestone brads to the ends of the ribbon. The final embellishment I added was a light blue chipboard star from a multi-colored package from American Crafts.

Materials Used:
Love. Friendship. Miracles September Kit of the Month (Unity Stamp Co.); Brocade Blue Classic ink, Barely Banana, Brocade Blue, and Shimmery White cardstock, Bashful Blue Prints Series designer paper, dimensionals (Stampin’ Up!); patterned paper (Prima Baby Boutique Collection); oval dies (Nestabilities); rhinestone brads (Making Memories); chipboard star (American Crafts)

4 comments:

  1. Congrats on making Stampers Showcase Lori!
    LOVE your Bella card...those new images are adorable!!!
    Great layout on your last card...will have to check that out this weekend when I have time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations Lori on making it into the showcase!! Awesome news. Love your card...too cute...layout colors and the adorable image

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations Lori!!!! Great things are coming your way... and you deserve it! Fabulous cards too! :)

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips