Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Sahara Silhouette

I like this card much better than the one I posted this morning. I made it using the colors from Kristina's latest color inspiration challenge--Certainly Celery, Old Olive, Sahara Sand, and Whisper White. I am a big Sahara Sand fan. It goes with so many colors and can look so different depending on what it's paired with.

I used the Pocket Silhouettes stamp set for my main image. The flower image (no idea what this plant is . . .) was stamped in Old Olive ink, then stamped again without reinking to vary the intensity of the color on the panel. I layered the stamped image on a trio of mats, using all of the challenge colors and added an Old Olive ribbon tab.

I placed a band of Certainly Celery cardstock across the card. The sentiment is stamped in Old Olive ink for some contrast. After I placed the image panel on the card, I used my mat pack and paper piercing tool to create a pierced frame around the image. This is a simple way to draw attention to the image without adding anything more to the card.

Materials Used (all from Stampin' Up!);
Pocket Silhouettes stamp set, Old Olive Classic ink, Certainly Celery, Old Olive, Sahara Sand, and Whisper White cardstock, mat pack and paper piercing tool, 5/8" Old Olive grosgrain ribbon, silver brads, mat pack and paper piercing tool

10 comments:

 
Blogging tips