Wednesday, November 5, 2008

A Tree and a Trio

I have two sketch challenge cards to share tonight. This one is for today's sketch challenge on SCS. I used the tree image from Season of Friendship for my main image. I added a Rose Red bird and scattered some Pumpkin Pie leaves along the branches of the tree.

If you look closely at the tree image, you can see some dots around it and some circles within the image. I carried that circle/dot element over into the patterned paper panels I used on my cardfront. Both pieces of patterned paper come from the Summer Picnic paper pack. Even though the paper has "summer" in the title, I think it works pretty well for fall!

I wanted to add some ribbon around the cardfront, but it didn't fit well. My image panel was too big. So, I settled for a ribbon tab on one side of the image panel instead.

Materials Used (all from Stampin' Up!):
Season of Friendship stamp set, Close to Cocoa, Rose Red, and Pumpkin Pie Classic inks, Pumpkin Pie, Real Red, Close to Cocoa, and Very Vanilla cardstock, Summer Picnic designer paper, Chocolate Chip wide grosgrain ribbon, dimensionals

Here's my second sketch challenge card for the day. This one is for the holiday release challenge from Verve Stamps. You can find all of the sketches for this special challenge posted in the Verve Stamps group at Paper Craft Planet. If you haven't stopped by PCP yet, this is a great reason to check it out!

I used a trio of cupcake images from Verve's Cupcake Affair set on the main image panel. I masked the images to give the appearance of some dimension. The flowers and cupcake bottoms are colored with Copic markers to coordinate with the pink patterned papers.

I kept the rest of the color scheme monochromatic to coordinate with the cupcake images. I used polka dotted papers from the SU! Sweet Always paper package

I finished my card by adding a trio of clear Dew Drops above and below the image panel and placing a small sentiment from the So Happy set at the top of the image panel. The panels on my image were big, so I didn't have much room to work with. The "for you" was a perfect fit.

Materials Used:
Cupcake Affair and So Happy stamp sets (Verve Stamps); Rich Cocoa ink (Memento); markers (Copic Ciao); white cardstock (Xerox); Regal Rose and Pink Pirouette cardstock, Sweet Always patterned paper, 1" circle punch, horizontal slot punch, Crystal Effects, dimensionals (Stampin' Up!); 1 1/8" circle punch (EK Success); pink satin ribbon (Michaels); Dew Drops

2 comments:

  1. Lori, I love the tree and I have been hemming and hawing about buying it....I think it is a must have?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Those cupcakes look scrumpcious!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips