Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Watch Out--Love Is Toxic

This'll be a short post tonight because I'm so sleepy. Cosmo the crazy dog wasn't feeling well last night and we were up in the middle of the night because of it. He had no problem falling back asleep once he felt better, but I sure did! Add that to a long drive home in the dark and rain and it's been a long day--and it's only Wednesday.

I do want to share the highlight of my day with you, though. Angela from Unity Stamp Co. is featuring me on her blog for today for Watch Out Wednesday. I'm a big Unity fan and totally thrilled and honored to have my work showcased there.

Here's my card for today's sketch challenge on SCS. I was looking through the gallery of cards for this sketch this afternoon and noticed lots of soft, wintery themed cards. Not mine! I went the opposite direction with bold red and black and a skull image. I'm really happy with how it turned out.

I used the Love Is Toxic kit from Unity for the images. I inked the sentiment using red and black pigment ink for an opaque look on the kraft cardstock. The skull image was also inked in pigment ink, then covered with Iridescent Ice embossing powder and heat embossed for some shimmer. It's cut out and attached to the panel with dimensionals.

I mashed the red chipboard hearts in red pigment ink, then covered them with clear embossing powder and heat embossed. They have a deep color and glossy look. They're attached to the square panels with dimensionals.

I used the Worn Grid background stamp on the red panel on the cardfront, then attached everything to a kraft card base. I really like this color combination!

Materials Used:
Love is Toxic kit and Worn Grid background (Unity Stamp Co.); Real Red and Basic Black Craft inks, Real Red Classic ink, Real Red, Basic Black, Whisper White, and Kraft cardstock, chipboard hearts, Iridescent Ice and Clear embossing powder, dimensionals (Stampin' Up!)

3 comments:

  1. This is so fun and fabulous! Great color combo (I really LOVE red and black together) and the image and sentiment are so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on being featured Lori! Love your card today...it rocks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved reading the feature Lori and love the card. You never take the ordinary road and I love that.

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips