Saturday, December 27, 2008

Sparkly New Year

Here's my version of the new sketch challenge posted today at Paper Craft Planet. Lynn is our sketch hostess for the week and she shared a fun sketch that's a little different size than the usual card. This one is for an 8"x4" card.

I decided to go with a new year's theme for my card. I was determined to use at least one of these sparkly martini glass gift tags that I got at Target (and couldn't locate in the organized chaos of my craft room until a few days ago--I kept seeing them at Target and thinking to myself, "I know I bought some of those . . ."). I ended up using one of the tags as the focal image on my card.

I used a black base to contrast with the sparkly silver of the glass. The panel across the front of the card is also sparkly. It's made from a piece of shimmery silver and gold patterned paper. I placed a piece of gathered silver ribbon along the center of the panel. The silver brads at either edge were a last-minute addition to ensure that the sort of stretchy ribbon stayed in place.

I stamped the "happy new year" sentiment from SU!'s Holiday& Wishes set in black ink, then again, slightly offset in Encore Silver ink. It has a sort of marbled look IRL. The final element was the star. I punched two stars from shimmery cardstock scraps. I used a smaller star punch to punch out the center of the gold star, then layered the silver star behind the gold one for a two-toned look.

Materials Used:
Holidays & Wishes stamp set, Basic Black and Whisper White cardstock, Encore Silver ink, large and small star punches, silver brads, dimensionals (Stampin' Up!); Wedding Silver & Gold Stripe, shimmery gold paper (The Paper Company); silver gathered ribbon (Michaels); martini glass gift tag, shimmery silver cardstock (Target)

2 comments:

 
Blogging tips