Thursday, January 29, 2009

Kiss Kiss Kiss

Exciting things are on the way from Clear & Simple Stamps. I have a whole bunch of brand new images to share with you in the upcoming days, including some new Simple Darlings images.

Here’s a card I made featuring some images from the current Valentine’s Day bundle special. I stamped the block sentiment in red ink on a white square, then layered the square on a matching red scallop edged square. The lips image is stamped over the sentiment block in pink ink.

I ended up making a square card to match the square shape of the sentiment. I used a piece of fun American Crafts patterned paper to cover the card front. I really like the non-traditional colors of the hearts on this paper. I attached a strip of wide red grosgrain ribbon to the scalloped square, then attached the ribbon and sentiment panel to the card. The final touch was a matching red grosgrain bow, attached at the top of the scalloped square using a glue dot.

Materials Used:
Love Bug stamp set (Clear & Simple Stamps); Real Red and Pretty in Pink Classic inks, Real Red, River Rock, and Whisper White cardstock, dimensionals (Stampin’ Up!); patterned paper (American Crafts); red grosgrain ribbon (Michaels); scalloped square punch (Marvy Uchida)

2 comments:

 
Blogging tips