Monday, January 5, 2009

Something New in the Kitchen

**If you're here for Melanie's blog hop, check the post below . . .**

For today's Kitchen Sink Monday, some of the members of the Kitchen Sink crew will be sharing a peek at one of the new sets coming this week from KSS. The set we'll be highlighting is 3 Step Love Birds. It features more of Maria's signature multi-step images along with a bunch of coordinating sentiments.

I decided to use the pair of swans, setting them floating in a pond (obviously not near here, because if it was, it would be frozen!). I played around with a few ink combinations before settling on this combination: step 1--SU! White Craft, step 2--Brilliance Moonlight White, step 3--SU! Going Gray stamped off once, step 4--Color Box Platinum chalk ink, step 5--Brilliance Graphite Black. The combination of matte and shimmery inks is so pretty IRL!

I used some torn paper to create the water. I rubbed a little of the shimmery white ink on the torn edges for dimension. There was just enough room in the lower right corner to stamp the "love birds" sentiment in Ruby Red.

Originally, I planned to use the image in combination with papers from SEI's Poppy collection. I love the rich, bold colors in these papers. I ended up going a slightly different route, but keeping the color inspiration from the papers. I layered the stamped image panel on a piece of shimmery silver paper, then on a Ruby Red panel. I found a matching heart brad in my stash and added that just over the birds' heads. I covered part of the cardfront with some elegant patterned paper.

For more inspiration, stop by and visit the rest of the Kitchen Sink crew. You can find them here:
Angela Knopf
Dee Jackson
Julie Masse
Lynn McAuley
Maria Colosimo, owner (she has previews of all of the sets releasing this week!)
Nicole Cooke
Tammy Hershberger

Materials Used:
3 Step Love Birds stamp set (Kitchen Sink Stamps); Going Gray and Ruby Red Classic inks, White Craft ink, Blue Bayou, Soft Sky, Baja Breeze, and Ruby Red cardstock, dimensionals (Stampin' Up!); Moonlight White and Graphite Black inks (Brilliance); Platinum chalk ink (Color Box); silver paper (Target); heart brad (Walmart); patterned paper (?)

9 comments:

  1. Happy New Year Lori!! This is totally gorgeous!! I love the water!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful Lori! Great colors on your swans and the water is wonderful! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What awesome detailing on this stunning card, Lori!! Gorgeous colors!! I love the torn layers of water and the beautiful quilted DP with pearl accents!! A remarkable design!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous card Lori! Love the effect of water with the torn paper! Wonderful colors! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your color combination turned out beautifully on the swans! I love the heart about them, too! I think I have some nice heart brads at the store... maybe I'll have to buy them to use like you did! Very pretty, Lori!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the water and the heart above the swans. It looks so peaceful! Beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips