Saturday, January 10, 2009

Stampy Saturday

It was a gray and dreary day here with rain predicted--perfect for staying inside and stamping. So, after lunch with my mom (and a playdate for Cosmo the crazy dog with my sister's dog Bella), that's exactly what I did.

First, I worked on Kristina's latest color inspiration challenge. This week's color combination included Baja Breeze, Old Olive, Pumpkin Pie, Chocolate Chip, and Whisper White. I ended up with a pretty simple card including all of the colors and no stamping whatsoever!

I still have lots of Bella Rose designer paper in my collection and I want to make room for some new papers once the new SU! catalog goes live, so I started with a panel of Chocolate Chip polka dotted paper from this pack. I layered it on an Old Olive panel and edged it with a scallop edged strip in Pumpkin Pie. At the bottom, I added a white panel with a row of paper piercing along the bottom edge. I used a matching Chocolate Chip rub-on from the Love & Happiness rub-on set available during last year's Sale-a-Bration as the sentiment.

I added the Baja Breeze striped grosgrain to cover where the white and patterned cardstock met. I thought I was finished there, but decided to go back and take another look. That's when I remembered that the Flower Fusion flowers came in colors that matched this challenge. So, I layered a trio of the flowers and attached them to the top right corner of the paper panel to finish the card.

Materials Used:
Pumpkin Pie, Chocolate Chip, Baja Breeze, Old Olive, and Whisper White cardstock, Bella Rose designer paper, Love & Happiness rub-ons Baja Breeze striped grosgrain ribbon, Flower Fusion and Flower Fusion Too felt flowers, mat pack and paper piercing tool (Stampin' Up!); rhinestone brad (Making Memories); Threading Water punch (Fiskars)

This card is for the My Favorite Things Guest Designer challenge to create a single layer card. I really liked how my almost single layer card with the chalk ink striped panel turned out last weekend, so I went with a variation on that for this card. I created a rectangle shaped reverse mask and filled in inside the mask with stripes of Chalk Box fluid chalk inks.

After that set a bit, I went back and stamped a pair of candy hearts from MFT's Be Mine set in the bottom right corner of the striped block, then added the "I'm sweet on you" sentiment from the Cupcake Flopsey set to the top left corner of the block. I wrapped a piece of red satin ribbon around the top of the card, then used my scallop edge punch to create a scalloped edge along the bottom of the card.

Materials Used:
Be Mine and Cupcake Flopsey stamp sets (My Favorite Things); Rose Coral, Rouse, Orchid Pastel, Lipstick Red, and Dark Peony fluid chalk inks (ColorBox); Pink Pirouette cardstock, scallop edge punch, mat pack and paper piercing tool (Stampin' Up!); red satin ribbon (Target)

My final card from this afternoon is for Verve's Friday Viva la Verve sketch challenge with a twist of "bling." When I was pulling some cards together earlier today to give to my mom, I ran across one I did last year using the same color scheme and patterned paper as I used on this one. It worked well then, so I gave it another try on this card.

I stamped the detailed heart image in cream pigment ink on a scrap of Cranberry Crisp cardstock, then heat embossed it and trimmed around it. The ghost heart is covered with Versamark and Iridescent Ice, then heat embossed for some sparkle and bling. I arranged these pieces on a panel stamped with the "magic" sentiment, then layered it on the card and added the Chocolate Chip ribbon.

Materials Used:
Wild Thing stamp set (Verve Stamps); Cranberry Crisp Classic ink, Versamark, Sahara Sand, Cranberry Crisp, Chocolate Chip, and Very Vanilla cardstock, Vanilla and Iridescent Ice embossing powders, Chocolate Chip 5/8" grosgrain ribbon, dimensionals (Stampin' Up!); patterned paper (Love Blossoms & Stripes--Scribble Scrabble); ghost hearts (i {heart} papers); Vintage Cream Palette ink (Papertrey Ink)

7 comments:

  1. I love the layout on your colour challenge card. They're all striking, but that one really stands out to me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you've been busy Lori!! All your cards are fabulous! I love the Bella rose dp! It looks like it won't be retiring. Yay!

    Maria

    ReplyDelete
  3. The colors on this sweet heart card are awesome! Really pretty card, Lori! : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like them all, but love your entry for Kristina's color challenge! Fab, simple card!
    ~Kendra

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW Lori! you are cranking out gorgeous card after gorgeous card! love all of them - I can't pick a favorite - they are all so lovely and have great detail!!!
    hope you are doing great!! just wanted to pop by and say hello!!!
    hugs!
    Sankari :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, you were busy!! All of them are wonderful but I really love your Verve card with that sparkly ghost heart!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great cards Lori... Love what you did with the Kwerner color inspiration!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips