Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Unity Challenge: Week 19

It's time for another Unity Addicts challenge! Sara provided the theme for this week's challenge--decorate your card both inside and out. Like I said earlier this week, I've noticed more and more stampers doing this, but it's not something I've done often myself, until this week, that is!

Here's my challenge card using Unity's Oh! What a Beautiful Morning kit. I love the images in this kit, but find that it's hard to incorporate the large sentiment into a card, too. That made me think that this would be a perfect set for this challenge.

I stamped the bird and branch image on white cardstock and colored the images with Copic markers. I sponged around the images with some blue ink and added some Angel Wings Shimmers, too. I layered the image on an angle on a piece of bright patterned paper from a Prima paper pad and attached a pair of coordinating Prima flowers as an embellishment.

I cut a piece of white cardstock to fit the inside of the card. It's decorated with some coordinating cardstock and patterned paper scraps. I stamped part of the sentiment (I omitted the "Oh!" part) in turquoise ink on the decorated piece, then attached it to the inside of the card. I'm not sure I'll do this on every card I make, but it is a nice finishing touch.

For more inside and out inspiration, check out the other Unity Addicts. You can find links to their blogs in the sidebar on the right.

Materials Used:
Oh! What a Beautiful Morning kit (Unity Stamp Co.); white cardstock (Xerox); Rich Cocoa and Tuxedo Black inks (Memento); markers (Copic Ciao); Tempting Turquoise and Cool Caribbean Classic inks, Gable Green and Pixie Pink cardstock, mat pack and paper piercing tool, white gel pen, sponge, dimensionals (Stampin' Up!); Sasha patterned paper, flowers (Prima); rhinestone brad (Making Memories); Angel Wings Shimmers (i {heart} papers)

6 comments:

  1. So SWEET!
    I love that stamp...that set is VERY TEMPTING!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a pretty card Lori! Love the colours!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card & it really is perfect for the inside of a card the way that you used it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is beautiful!! Love these stamps!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That came out very nicely! I think you picked the perfect stamp for this challenge - and the colours! Oh my!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lori, this kit is perfect for this card style...just gorgeous!!! smiles...

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips