Sunday, January 4, 2009

Winter Silhouette

Today's featured stamper on SCS is the fabulous Julie HRR. I love her distinctive clean, crisp style! I chose this card in her gallery as inspiration for my card.

I really liked the simple layout and uncluttered look, so I kept that almost the same. I changed the stamped images and colors in my version. Julie created a fall card and I used cool blues and purples to make a wintery version for the challenge. I used sticky notes to make a masked frame for my multi-colored background panel. I just brushed some Colorbox chalk inks on the paper in stripes to do the background, then removed the sticky notes--quick and simple.

I stamped a tree image from Unity's September Kit of the Month in the center of the inked panel, then filled in the open parts of the tree with a black marker to get a silhouette look. Once the marker dried, I added a little Dazzling Diamonds sparkly snow to the branches and the ground. I stamped the "let it snow" sentiment from Unity's Jolly Little Winter set beneath the tree first in Pacific Point ink, then again offset just a little in White craft ink. I limited myself to just one lone embellishment--a sparkly snowflake with a blue rhinestone at the center, placed at the corner of the image panel.

Materials Used:
September Kit of the Month, Jolly Little Winter kits (Unity Stamp Co.); Pacific Point Clasic ink, White Craft ink, Bashful Blue and Whisper White cardstock, Basic Black marker, Dazzling Diamonds (Stampin' Up!); Tuxedo Black ink (Memento); Ice Blue, Lavender, and French Blue chalk inks (ColorBox); silver ribbon, blue self-adhesive rhinestone (Michaels); snowflake (Me & My Big Ideas)

3 comments:

  1. Lori, I love this card. It is so clean and serene. Loved the Chost Image hearts as I didn't know what they were before and only recently leanred. I think they are so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so beautiful Lori! I love how simple you kept this card! It is just fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so pretty! I may have to CASE you because I have this stamp!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips