Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Banjo's at it Again!

Starving Artistamps is one of this week’s sponsors at Card Positioning Systems. This week’s sketch is a fun one, perfect for a card for Valentine's Day.

I used images from the DoodleFactory Valentine Remix set for my card. I colored Banjo with Copic markers and added some white Fun Flock to the image, too. Banjo is set on a soft blue background with dimensionals. I added the “you stole my heart” sentiment in craft ink along the bottom part of the panel.

I arranged a trio of pink chipboard hearts along the left side of the panel. They’re kind of button-ish, so I threaded some gray taffeta ribbon through the button holes before attaching the buttons with glue dots and dimensionals.

I used the Martha Stewart heart lace border punch to make the gray strip that’s along the bottom of the image panel. Now that I’ve used the punch a few times, it seems to be working a little better than it was when I first tried it out. It is very messy, though. I’ve learned to use the punch over a trash can to collect the teeny tiny dots it makes . . .

Materials Used:
DoodleFactory Valentine Remix set and sentiment (Starving Artistamps); white cardstock (Xerox); Tuxedo Black ink (Memento); markers (Copic Ciao); Regal Rose Craft ink, Pink Pirouette, Soft Sky, and Basic Gray cardstock, gray taffeta ribbon, dimensionals (Stampin’ Up!); White Fun Flock, Ruby Slippers Glitz Stickles (
i {heart} papers); pink chipboard hearts (Colorbok); Heart Lace border punch (Martha Stewart)

5 comments:

  1. Love that sweet image Lori!!
    Ugh...that Martha punch sure is messy!! I thought I was just being a neat freak so I'm happy to hear I'm not alone ;) I still haven't managed to get it to punch through anything but WW :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your image is just so cute, love what you did with that CPS sketch.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is just adorable!!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips