Sunday, February 22, 2009

Cute Times Two

Here are two kind of cutesy cards I did for some sketch challenges. This first one is for this week's card sketch at Page Plans.

I was inspired by the colors in my new Citrus papers from DCWV. I thought this color scheme would be perfect for a card with the orange image from SU!'s Tart & Tangy stamp set. I stamped the orange in Pumpkin Pie ink then punched it out with a circle punch. I layered it on another pair of circle punches before setting it on the Barely Banana panel and stamping the matching sentiment.

The papers on the cardfront are a mix of two of the patterns from the DCWV pad. The striped paper has some glitter in it, too. I added a narrow scalloped strip to separate the two different patterns a little, then tied a piece of Pumpkin Pie ribbon around the patterned panel before attaching it to the turquoise card base.

Materials Used:
Tart & Tangy and One Smart Cookie stamp sets, Pumpkin Pie Classic ink, Pumpkin Pie, Tempting Turquoise, Barely Banana, and Whisper White cardstock, 1 1/4" and 1 3/8" circle punches, scallop edge punch, mat pack and paper piercing tool, Pumpkin Pie grosgrain ribbon, dimensionals (Stampin' Up!); patterned papers (DCWV's Citrus Stack); 1 1/2" circle punch (EK Success)

This card is made using Beate's weekend sketch challenge. I loved the cute bird trio image from Unity's February Kit of the Month (still out on my table!) so I built this card around it. It's going right in the Paper Craft Planet design team's gallery full of friend cards.

I inked the birds with three different markers, then stamped them on Sweet Blush cardstock. I edged the pink panel with a strip I punched with my new Fiskars Apron Lace punch. The bird strip is layered on a lavendar panel, then set on a plum card base.

I stamped the word "friend" on the lavendar panel in the darker plum ink. This sentiment comes from the January Kit of the Month. It's actually "best friends," but I decided to shorten it here for my small 4 1/4" square card.

I trimmed a strip of Papertrey Ink's polka dotted paper to attach to the right side of the card. It looked a little plain, so I found some matching American Crafts felt flowers to add. I layered a pair of plum and olive flowers with a small pearl at the center and attached to the cardfront.

Materials Used:
January and February Kit of the Month (Unity Stamp Co.); Plum Pudding Palette ink, Plum Pudding, Lavendar Moon, and Sweet Blush cardstock, Polka Dot Parade patterned paper (Papertrey Ink); Apron Lace border punch (Fiskars); felt flowers (American Crafts); Perfect Plum, Old Olive, and Close to Cocoa markers (Stampin' Up!); self-adhesive pearl (?)

3 comments:

  1. Very cute cards. Gotta go with the "Little Birdies" as my favoite though. Sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely totally stinkin' cute!!!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips