Sunday, February 8, 2009

Earthy Thanks

I was unsuccessful in my shopping trip today. No Cuttlebug C plates at either AC Moore or Michaels, so I had to order one from an online store. Hopefully it will be here before my current C plate breaks completely . . .

I made this card for today's featured stamper challenge on SCS. I was drawn to the earthy tones and the stamped image panel on this card.

My version is a standard sized card instead of a square one. I used the grass image from Unity's January Kit of the Month for my main image. I stamped the image over a patch of River Rock ink I made by sponging ink inside of a Nestabilities rectangle die. The die was held in place with some removable adhesive while I sponged. I paper pierced around the ink block, like in the original version of the card. I really like how that looks!

The sentiment is from Unity's Simply Said kit. I used a Stamp-a-ma-jig to line it up right. After I finished placing the sentiment, I added the black button with twine threaded through the button holes to complete the card.

Materials Used:
January Kit of the Month, Simply Said kit (Unity Stamp Co.); Tuxedo Black ink (Memento); River Rock Classic ink, River Rock, Very Vanilla, and Basic Black cardstock, sponge, mat pack and paper piercing tool, distressing tool, dimensionals (Stampin' Up!); designer paper (Basic Grey-Granola); button, twine (Walmart)

3 comments:

  1. Holy cow! What are you doing to your poor CB that you're breaking the C plate?!! I've gone through B plates but I'm still on my original A and C.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to hear about your C plate. Hope it comes in in time for you.

    I love your card. That background paper is the best!

    Hugs~Becky

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your Card is Fabulous..
    I love the way you sponged
    your background!!
    Great colors..perfect earthy tones.
    love the grass image.
    TFS

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips