Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Baby and Behind

I worked on a few cards yesterday and today using stamp sets designed by my fellow Paper Craft Planet Super Nova Melanie. Her sets are so much fun! I don't have it yet, but I have my eye on her newest set for Gina K Designs, A Charmed Life . . .

This card is heading straight into the PCP DT gallery for April. It fits this month's Mother & Child theme perfectly. If you haven't seen the info about the fun contest (and great prize!) to go along with this month's gallery theme, check out this post in the PCP forums. I wonder if you can figure out which cute baby photo is mine . . .

Anyway, on to the card. I used Melanie's Hand-in-hand stamp set to fit the theme. The sweet parent and baby hand image was colored with Copic markers. I added a chipboard heart, embellished with a piece of ribbon, to the corner of the panel.

The patterned papers on the cardfront come from Memory Box's Layette pack. I've had it forever and the soft colors and patterns on these papers are perfect for a baby card! I wrapped a piece of rose grosgrain ribbon around the panel to hide where the two papers meet, then layered the stamped image on top. The "love at first touch . . ." sentiment fit perfectly in the bottom right corner of the card. I added a trio of pink button brads in the upper right corner to finish the card.

Hand-in-Hand stamp set, white Pure Luxury cardstock (Gina K Designs); Tuxedo Black ink (Memento); markers (Copic Ciao); patterned paper (Memory Box Layette pack); Regal Rose Classic ink, Pink Pirouette and Barely Banana cardstock, Regal Rose grosgrain ribbon (Stampin' Up!); pink button brads (Making Memories); chipboard heart (Colobok)

I made this card for this week’s sketch challenge at Stamp TV. The sketch was designed by Jessica, another fabulous PCP Super Nova. I went kind of bright here and I think I’m okay with it.

I used the hippo image from Melanie's Just So Hippy set for the main image panel. I colored the image with Copic markers and added some texture by dabbing on some colorless blender solution with a towel. This made the gray look more mottled and rhino skin-like IRL. I tried to curve the sentiment to match the curve of the circle panel, but the stamp didn’t want to stay put on my acrylic block—LOL!

I combined a pair of patterned papers from a DCWV Spring Paper Stack on the cardfront. I also used a new embossing folder here from Sizzix. This pattern is called Three Dots. I really like these folders because unlike the Cuttlebug folders that are just a bit short, they emboss an entire standard cardfront! I picked up a few of these on sale a few days ago at AC Moore, so I'm sure you'll be seeing more of them soon.

Materials Used:
Just So Hippy stamp set, white Pure Luxury cardstock (Gina K Designs); Tuxedo Black ink (Memento); markers (Copic Ciao); patterned paper (DCWV Spring Paper Stack); Riding Hood Red Classic ink, Riding Hood Red and Barely Banana cardstock, dimensionals (Stampin’ Up!); Three Dots embossing folder (Sizzix); Dew Drops (Robin’s Nest); circle dies (Nestabilities); red flower confetti (Bride’s)

1 comment:

 
Blogging tips