Thursday, April 2, 2009

Hip Hop Baby and a Hint

Just a quick post before I head off to bed--I'm so very sleepy tonight! I made this card for today's Unity Hip Hop Thursday challenge to make a baby card. I used one of my first Unity kits, Wild & Crazy Bunch, for this one.

I stamped the giraffe on a scrap of polka dotted So Saffron designer paper, cut it out and attached it to the blue panel with dimensionals. I added some Flower Soft as multicolored "grass" for the giraffe to stand in.

I was going for a gender-neutral card, so I used Debbie Mumm patterned papers in mostly yellows and greens for the cardfront. I added a trio of pastel buttons as embellishments. The yellow button was more lemon-y colored than I wanted, so I covered it with ink from one of my Copic markers to get a closer match.

And, since we're on the theme of babies, I thought I'd give you a hint to help out with the Guess the Baby contest at Paper Craft Planet. I'm one of the babies with pigtails. Some of the other Super Novas are giving hints, too, so you may want to stop by their blogs, too. You can find links in the sidebar on the left. Good luck!

Materials Used:
Wild & Crazy Bunch kit (Unity Stamp Co.); Tuxedo Black ink (Memento); Certainly Celery Craft ink, Barely Banana, and Bashful Blue cardstock, So Saffron Prints Series designer series paper, eyelet border punch, mat pack and paper piercing tool, dimensionals, white gel pen (Stampin' Up!); patterned paper (Debbie Mumm-Baby Boy papers); oval die (Nestabilities); Flower Soft; buttons (Walmart)

2 comments:

  1. Oh I love this! The flower soft along the bottom is a cute and unique touch. I like your little button cluster too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a cute baby card! Love the buttons and DP, and the giraffe is so cute and colored beautifully!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips