Saturday, May 2, 2009

Challenge Combo

*****Scroll down to see my post for this week's Paper Craft Planet sketch challenge.*****

Here's my entry for this month's Unity Stamp Co. guest designer contest. Unity DT member Jennifer Buck provided a fun sketch to follow for the contest. I combined her challenge with the Moxie Fab Wood You? challenge to use a wood grain pattern in your design.

I used the bird on a branch image from April's Kit of the Month as the focal image on my card. The image is colored with Copic markers. I stamped the bird on a scrap, colored it, cut it out, and added it to the panel with a dimensional. The sky and clouds were sponged in using Soft Sky ink and a cloud template.

I used a pair of papers from the DCVW The Green Stack paper collection. These papers are in earthy colors with a fun texture and perfect for a card with a nature-related image like the one I used. The paper that covers most of the card base is a woodgrain pattern in shades of blue--so cool-looking! The colors went nicely with the scrap of striped paper from SU!'s retired Fall Flowers paper pack, too.

I used my sewing machine to stitch the grosgrain ribbon strip to the cardfront. My machine was not happy about sewing through all of these layers of paper, but I got it done!

Materials Used:
April Kit of the Month (Unity Stamp Co.); white cardstock (Neenah); Tuxedo Black ink (Memento); markers (Copic); Soft Sky Classic ink, Kraft cardstock, Fall Flowers designer series paper, Chocolate Chip 5/8" grosgrain ribbon, dimensionals (Stampin' Up!); Ocean Tides cardstock, Aqua Mist buttons (Papertrey Ink); patterned paper (DCWV-The Green Stack); twine (Walmart); cloud template (Nicole); sewing machine

3 comments:

  1. Love this card Lori! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a pretty card, love the image and the way you did the clouds!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful!! I love the colors on this.

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips